+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milking the talk show circuit

Milking the talk show circuit

I don't know how many night-owls are here, but Steve was on Leno the other night ... it sounded like his ego was riding pretty high, referring to himself a couple of times as a celebrity in an anecdote about a scare he had on the plane on a recent flight.

Last night he was on Letterman. It turns out that David Letterman was a big fan of the show and gave an enthusiastic and detailed summary of the show, right up until the show turned to torture watching the Coys being utterly humiliated on national television. When he introduced Steve, Letterman dug straight to the dirt about how Mr. Coy said that it wasn't about the money when they thought they were getting $250K, but suddenly when it was $500K things were just fine.

Steve mentioned that prior to the finale airing, he had to pretend that there was some tension between Randi and him as a way of keeping up the suspense.

The interview with Letterman was much better .. more informative and entertaining -- than Leno's handling of Steve.

Now is the time for Steve (and Randi) to grab their 15 minutes while the show is fresh in the minds of the public. Good luck, Big Guy!
    Last edited by getreal; 02-25-2004 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks for posting that getreal

I missed the show last night and wondered how Steve did.

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    Thanks for the info.
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    The interview with Letterman was much better .. more informative and entertaining -- than Leno's handling of Steve.
    Letterman's interviews are always better than Leno's. Jay interrupts too much, and it's like he doesn't even listen to their answers - he's already thinking about the next question he's going to ask.

Dave tried real hard last night to get Steve to call the Coy's a bunch of money-grubbers, but our boy wouldn't do it!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PSi
    Leno interrupts, but if Dave has no clue what you're promoting, what you do, or has no clue oncesoever, then it's a completly lost cause. He's way past his prime IMO.

Randi was a guest-host on Good Day Live today on FOX.

I saw her on there, her bright yellow hair was quite the distraction the half a dozen or so times they actually showed her.

She's clearly hoping to parlay this into some more tv work.
    It was pointless her being on the show imo, but at least we had a day free of Dorothy running on about The Passion because she's seen it and the other two haven't and boring us with stories about Nash in that scratchy old voice of hers.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree. I watched it for about 40 minutes, and they showed her twice, and she only talked once. She could have been a set decoration for all the good that did her.

+ Reply to Thread