+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)

I love to say "I told you so". I predicted from the beginning that this practical joke was going to end up creating a lot of hurt feelings and possibly long-term family tension.

Talk about manipulation - every wedding I've been to had the "speak now or forever hold your peace" BEFORE the vows. I think this was the case here, too but was edited in reverse for dramatic effect. Kinda pointless when you know that the reactions during the vows weren't authentic since they'd already been invited to speak up and nobody had.

The producers really tried to do a lot of back-pedaling with the "it started out as a joke but now we feel bad 'cause you're all such nice people". Bull. They pulled strings all the way to the end. Never for a moment did they back out of a script idea for the sake of protecting the family.

I think it was really cruel to place the responsiblity on Steve to break the news. The producer should have been the one to tell everybody the truth.

I agree with the other poster that mom seemed pretty offended at the comment about financial stability. I don't think this family had any money worries.

I don't think Randi really knew what she was getting into. For one thing, she signed up before learning that Steve was going to be a buffoon. She probably expected just a nice guy that her family would embrace. On the other hand, she should have predicted FOX wouldn't make it easy.

I haven't watched any of the shows, but have read the great recaps. I watched the last half of the finale and was hugely disappointed. It was so lame. Funny how after the family found out they were getting a cool half million, they stopped being so pissed and could even laugh. What an obnoxious family.

I thought it was a very lame show too. I saw the first episode and this finale and that's it. I felt badly for the family, and really couldn't believe the situation. Someone on this website predicted that the family had been in on the whole thing, but Randi didn't know. That would have been a MUCH better ending. Randi would feel like her family had been dishonest, but so had she, so it would have been fine. As it was, the family felt like idiots and when Steve revealed that he was a married actor, Randi felt like an idiot too. Fox basically paid this family from Colorado to be humiliated on national tv. terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    I agree. It did seem like she cried on key. IT was like she was happy until she was suppose to cry. The ending seemed a little too fake to me.
    I think by then, they were told about the show. The way the father stayed there. Then after money was announced, THEY all changed their tones.
    I want like a reunion episode or something. They didn't give me enough post show info

I think Randi knew Steve was going to blow it, and I think they told her she would get the money because of it. Her reaction when Steve was stalling and then said he couldn't do it was way too calm. I was expecting her to blow up and scream "Steve, what are you doing?? We are almost there!!", but she just looked at him and then her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I think Randi knew Steve was going to blow it, and I think they told her she would get the money because of it. Her reaction when Steve was stalling and then said he couldn't do it was way too calm. I was expecting her to blow up and scream "Steve, what are you doing?? We are almost there!!", but she just looked at him and then her family.

i couldn't agree more. i kept waiting for her to get upset with steve...and she sure didnt seem to start crying when her family stormed away either. i would have thought she'd lose it!! i think she knew something.

couple of thoughts on the family......i cant stand the kids. i mean...i dont give a good rat's ass if you dont agree with your bro or sis getting married...you DON'T act like that!!!! i mean who are they to think they can do that?? they arent her flipping parents!!!

and i just love her parents. her dad really, really showed me something and so did her mom. those kids are all lucky to have that in their life.

i loved the show.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    I don't think Randi really knew what she was getting into. For one thing, she signed up before learning that Steve was going to be a buffoon. She probably expected just a nice guy that her family would embrace. .
    I agree. I think she was just going with the flow, and hoping she'd end up with the money. I really don't think she realized the extent of the embarassment the whole thing would cause herself AND her family!!!

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Ok for the record.....kilts are not easy to find in this country in a hurry.....either the boys had them and they wear them periodically....in which case $500,000 is way too little to pay this family or they fed exed them in from far far away...or the producers just wanted to see how much embarassment they could create and suggested it....your Scottish...lets see those legs boys

*SPOILERS MENTIONED*

Not to re-peat what everone else has already said.....
    I didn't watch ANY of the episodes but seeing clips of the finale made me wanna a tune in..................

I was VERY nervous....

I thought Randi's plan was going to be foiled when the priest asked if anyone objected to the wedding part......
    And the hesitation when Steve botched his part......I thought Randi was gonna tackle him down for ruining it and the family strangling Steve and disown Randi or something......But didn't happen.....

Then Steve tells Randi that I am not really who you think I am or something....... Oh Boy!

But in the end...Weddings real or not always 99.9% of time always ends happily ever after.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Ok for the record.....kilts are not easy to find in this country in a hurry.....either the boys had them and they wear them periodically....in which case $500,000 is way too little to pay this family or they fed exed them in from far far away...or the producers just wanted to see how much embarassment they could create and suggested it....your Scottish...lets see those legs boys
    That's right!! I forgot to mention the kilts earlier! How in the hell did they HAVE those there??? If they weren't already told about a wedding, I'm wondering why they had them at all???
    I really highly doubt they ran out in between Pat drinking and bitching to buy kilts for a wedding they DIDN'T want to attend and swore they wouldn't.

Something is fishy...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

You can find kilts at a costume shop. Granted, they aren't the best quaility, but they are there.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

+ Reply to Thread