+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So what's going to happen?!??

My Theory: I think Randy did get the money, and all that footage of her family leaving and getting upset is when she tells them it was all a scam. If she doesn't get the money, the reason she's not working is perhaps, because she doesn't have a job? Not having a job doesn't mean you're financially secure Yknow...

I agree, I think the scenes of Dad standing up and the family leaving come after Randi makes her announcement the thing was a scam.

We actually learned a lot about the Coy's character from last week's show, so if they aren't in on the gag, I don't think they'll laugh like they've just been caught in a Candid Camera reveal.

Randi's open-mouthed look of shock is more likely in reaction to Steve's family doing something outrageous (like his sister having another Tourette's moment during the ceremony.)

That said, I enjoy riding the train of thought that Randi's family is in on the gag. It would, at least, explain why her brother Pat's reaction was so over the top, and why we haven't seen much of Mel (they aren't very good actors).

In the scene where Dad goes to Randi's room to talk to her - could he have stood at the end of her bed out of respect for the hidden camera angles and the microphones? As a parent, when I have a heart to heart with one of my children, I sit on their bed.

If the joke is on Randi after all ... that would make the finale truly funny. Honestly, how much fun is it going to be if the family leaves the ceremony or dad objects and Randi looses the prize?

We know how much Fox and Rocket Science Laboratories (the producers of the show) like happy endings. After all, I recapped the crap-fest that was The Next Joe Millionaire

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf
    If she didn't get the money, I'm wondering how she is managing financially. It doesn't look like her family is going to be very happy with her, and living with them after embarassing them on national television wouldn't be an option, at least not for me, I can't see how anyone could. And with no job and no winnings, what how could she be getting on for so long since the show was taped.

Not that I am particularly rooting for her to get the money. Honestly, I will be pleased to see her not win, it would serve Little Miss Snotty right for all the trouble she caused her friends and family and the way she treated Steve. But I think in the end her mother managed to get her family to the wedding and Randi won the money. I hope I am wrong though.
    you're wrong about not being able to live with her family after embarassing them. the whole thing about her family is that they are classics. that's why they are having such a hard time with this. they will support her eventually none the less and always be there for her. she will never be out on the proverbial street.. her parents will ALWAYS see to her needs, no matter what she does.. even if she breaks their hearts.

FORT Newbie

What is the twist????

I think Randi's parents and family know and they are just trying to make it hard for her. Does anyone else think this???

Checking it all out!
    Yes, actually I do think the entire joke is going to be on Randi and then of course the viewers.
    Mizz Piper

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    Hmmm That is a good thought...I can't miss it monday
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

We were talking about this in RL and thought the same thing...or at least the very angry siblings might be in on it. They've spent so much time shocking the parents I don't think they're in on it. Plus, the way the mom went to work on the brothers makes me think it's real for her.

Why oh why must there be another twist? This is pretty bad already! (bad but hilarious)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I think the siblings are in on it too. Randi and the viewers are "fooled". Everybody but us will get the money!
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

I think that Randi's "what!?!?" moment is when they tell her that Steve is an actor and they were messing with her the entire time.

They have got to give her something!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelC
    I think that Randi's "what!?!?" moment is when they tell her that Steve is an actor and they were messing with her the entire time.

They have got to give her something!
    I agree. I also think the joke is on her :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast