+ Reply to Thread

Thread: why do you watch this so?

FORT Newbie

why do you watch this so?

What is it about this show that makes you want to watch it.

Well, let's assume that the people on this site are "fans of reality tv" (because why else would they be here?). This is a reality show, and a halfway decent one. So why NOT watch?

Why do people ask simplistic questions on their very first post, and fail to actually join in the discussion with their own opinion? Television is a personal viewing situation. If you like it, watch it. If you don't, there are 87 more channels on the box, and a whole world outside of it if those don't do it for you.

I watch it because I'm a seriously sick puppy and derive a perverse sense of pleasure watching other people publicly humiliate themselves. I *almost* feel guilty for enjoying this train wreck so much. Fortunately, Iím getting over it. I canít wait to tune in each week to see how Steve and his family manage to top the performance of the previous week. Iím just afraid Iím going to bust my gut laughing before the last minute of the finale.
    Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!

Goodbye to High Society
    I watch because of the great casting.

The premise is somewhat cruel but the producers could not have picked a better bride or a better family. I rather like the Coy clan and expect that they'll turn out O.K. after this is all over.

JR.
    The voices in my head tell me to.

I didn't watch it till the last one, but it was so entertaining I will finish it out. The expression on Mom's face when MIL is offering opinions on the wedding reception is priceless. Actually I think the Mom would be a lot of fun under less stressful conditions.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Why do I watch this? It's a dirty job...but somebody has to do it.

Actually, I get a kick out of Steve's giggles and Randi's perserverance.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie
    I watch because it makes me LAUGH. Randi is a good sport, and has loosened up quite a bit, and she even laughs at Steve while supposedly being upset. Her family can't be blamed, and the actors are GREAT at being just what they were hired to be, obnoxious. Call me wierd, but the humor tickles my funny bone. I will say, the pain caused her family on the 2/16 show was difficult, and I can only hope it all turns out great in the end, and that the Coy family can look back and laugh at themselves, too. They take themselves a bit too seriously, but I respect them for taking marriage seriously and caring about the long-term well being of their daughter. Hooray for them caring, coming there in the first place, and going through all this while being filmed. The actors are also great, believable and funny. It's just plain funny, and I can't wait to see how it all turns out, especially to see Randi's reaction. She is secretly enjoying Steve, though she wouldn't admit it to the world. He does make her laugh in spite of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
    I watch it because I'm a seriously sick puppy and derive a perverse sense of pleasure watching other people publicly humiliate themselves. I *almost* feel guilty for enjoying this train wreck so much. Fortunately, Iím getting over it. I canít wait to tune in each week to see how Steve and his family manage to top the performance of the previous week. Iím just afraid Iím going to bust my gut laughing before the last minute of the finale.
    Welcome Tumbleweed!

How's life at the asylum? Do they have a spare room for JR.? (He's hearing voices.....)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I like to see how many times a Catholic grade one teacher says "fricken" on each episode.

I agree that the Coy family appears to take marriage seriously ... even if Randi doesn't. They could always console themselves that they can go through with the wedding and start planning the divorce right away. Or annullment, as Steve had even admitted to Randi's dad that they hadn't "done it" (i.e., had sex) yet.

I think that Randi will get $500K and her family will get $500K at the end.

Too bad Steve and his family only get actor's scale wages or a bit more, but nothing approaching $500K ... but they are also getting national exposure, I suppose.

Of course, Steve or his "dad" with their shirts off or in their tighty whiteys is more exposure than I can handle!

+ Reply to Thread