+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 1am**

Quote Originally Posted by waypast40
    I have never ..EVER referred to my brothers or sister as "my siblings". I find this to be sort of creepy.I know it's a term that is used ,but not as many times as she has used it....must be 500 times now!!! .Does anyone else find this to be a little weird?
    I thought the same thing as I watched this and even said "siblings?" out loud.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by waypast40
    I have never ..EVER referred to my brothers or sister as "my siblings". I find this to be sort of creepy.I know it's a term that is used ,but not as many times as she has used it....must be 500 times now!!! .Does anyone else find this to be a little weird?
    Doesn't seem too strange to me -- It's quicker to say "my siblings" when referring to all of them than "my brothers and sister." (I only have one brother so I say brother since "my sibling" might sound a little strange). Quite a few years ago I read that when they polled Americans, a rather high percentage didn't even know what the word sibling meant, which I found hard to believe.

I think the parents are handling it better because Steve told Mr. Coy that they had not had sex yet, so they want to put on a good front for the television cameras, and probably intend to talk sense into Randi later about getting the marriage annulled.
    Catholics can annull an unconsummated marriage.

I doubt that divorcee Britney Spears' brief marriage was unconsummated. But even she got an annullment. Ugh!

Where is Britney's sex tape, anyway? There must be one floating around somewhere!!

I thought it was strange that she referred to them as siblings too. But maybe that's the way snotty, pretentious, uptight people talk.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife
    I thought it was strange that she referred to them as siblings too. But maybe that's the way snotty, pretentious, uptight people talk.
    I never thought of it that way.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

FORT Newbie

My Take on: MY BIG FAT OBNOXIOUS FIANCÉ

Did you happen to here how Randi said 'What' for the preview of the last show?! I betcha that Randi is the one being taken for a ride, NOT the family. The family is in on this. The Parents and The Siblings are playing the game! They knew that Randi was suppose to say she was getting married before she told them. In the end when Randi thinks she lost the money because her Father or Brother objected or didn't show up, then it will be revealed to her that she DID win the money, and that the whole thing was some sort of setup for her, and that her family was in on it all along..right from the very beginning. .(It reminds me of Joe Schmoe).

P.S I'm new here! AWESOME Board!

Newfie

That idea has been tossed around here a bit but I don't think its true. If it is true then the family deserves an Oscar and the show wouldn't be as intresting. Randi is already being played by thinking Steve is for real and he is an actor. The moms talk with the kids last episode seemed to real for someone who hasn't had any "po-fessional training at all" I just can't buy that right now, but you never know

FORT Newbie

Clipse

Thanks for the Welcome Clipse.

I also watch The O.C and I am a Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieRose

Thats what I like to hear

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieRose

Welcome Rose!

I live in Ontario. This is turning into the All-Canadian thread!

Randi's brothers and sister looked way too upset to be acting. If I'm wrong, they will have my admiration.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast