+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 1am**

prostitute shoes?

Wow the site is slow tonight...or maybe it's me?
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Newbie
    "Freeze the placenta and then eat the following year as a pate.." and Randi's friend said that that is actually true??

PSi
    outside of those two lines, this episode hasn't relly been that funny...

Quote Originally Posted by kellyms
    I know I've read a lot of people talking about Randi's family being uptight, but I don't know. I think they might seem much more than they really are in contrast to Steve's "family". I know if I did this with my family, they would probably come across as uptight too because they would be completely appalled at my judgment! This is a big deal, and Randi is apparently being uncharacteristically nonchalant in her family's eyes...
    I actually had a very similar experience to this, although not quite as fast moving...but my wedding was relatively quick at 4 months and my family STRONGLY opposed to it. Even with their strong opposition they within 24 hours of the announcement came to the conclusion that it was my life and I had to make my own choices, whether they agreed with it or not, I'd always be their little girl and they'd be there for me. They realized they'd never be able to tell me what to do because I was going to do what I wanted, and yep sure as all get out things didn't end up working out, but they've been here for me to help me rebuild and pick up the pieces (and of course give the obligatory "well we told you so, but you weren't gonna listen to us anyways" speech). I guess I'm just seeing a lack of any support for their daughter in this even if they don't agree, which I was lucky to be able to have with my own family.

Ah yes Lib, I remember now. How could I forget that you were going through tv withdrawals for several days. I love the expression on Mom's face when MIL wants the Rice Krispie and Hot Pockets. My son would have loved the Rice Krispie things.

PSi
    "lets go find a motel Six"

Jewls, my daughter brought home the biggest clod in history. We stated our opinion, she ignored it and they married. We gritted our teeth and played the happy parents. Then we took her in when it was over a few years later.

PSi
    mom has a good point.
    'you don't desert someone because they dissapoint you'
    come on kids, get in on the action.

Ok I'm actually having to backtrack a little bit on myself now...Randi's mom is definitely making progress and supporting her daughter. Heck, she's even going out of her way to try and get the siblings back in the loop of the family. Must remind myself that this is tv and things look bigger and worse sometimes than they actually are.

Well that was sort of a downer...off to see some AJ silliness....
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast