+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question

FORT Newbie

Question

I've missed parts of the show, but how are they explaining to her parents why there are cameras filming, etc?

I don't think they've really explained that to us, but I would imagine that when anyone goes on a reality show, their family has to be prepared to be filmed. In the Bachelor shows, a few of the dates always include meeting the contestants' families.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The only thing the host said was that she had to tell her parents that she had already been on a reality show, and she wanted them to meet someone.

I found that to be extremely lacking in explanation.

I have found myself wondering if the entire show is scripted and we, the audience, are the ones being fooled. Yeah, lame I know, but I can't help it.

Really makes no difference to me though, as I still think the show is funny as heck.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

PSi
    Someone beat me to this post
    but yeah, i find it extremly suspicious that they would have a film crew at her parents house the same time that she calls them.
    - they didn't explain it at all.
    - think about it, what would they tell your family "yeah, we're just checking up on contestents families while they shoot the show...oh look a phone call *wink* i wonder who that could be"
    - reality tv has to have more twists these days, people are tired with the one twist, so now everyone has their conspiracy radar up and running.
    but i find it really odd that they would do that.

I thought her dad turned his back during the phone call because he was laughing. It would be great if the joke was on us.

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I thought her dad turned his back during the phone call because he was laughing. It would be great if the joke was on us.
    OR, if the whole joke was just on Randi. If her parents knew about the set-up with Steve and are playing along, acting all indignant and threatening to not attend the wedding. Not that I think it is really the case, but that would be funny.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG, that would be too funny. Randi thinks she's scheming them, but they're in on it. Oh how you should get paid for your ideas

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    OR, if the whole joke was just on Randi. If her parents knew about the set-up with Steve and are playing along, acting all indignant and threatening to not attend the wedding. Not that I think it is really the case, but that would be funny.
    Before it aired I thought I read that was indeed the case- that everyone was in on it, except Randi. Then when it started, I thought I had it wrong. It did seem strange about the cameras though- we wondered the same thing.

PSi
    If her family were in it, i think that would just be mean. I mean here we have this girl who's just trying to win 500,000 (even though her parents seem pretty well off to me), they make her the butt of this big joke, and with the miracle of editing, they don't even make her to look all that sympethetic...hell, it seems like we're pulling for steve more than randi.
    i dunno.

I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. She was the one who was willing to put her family through this. Yes, it's not a real wedding, but the feelings they have are real. If this upsets them as much as it looks like it will, then in my opinion Randi is a witch for agreeing to do it I'd love for her folks to be in on it, but I doubt they are.

I am no saint, and I like a good practical joke, but really, messing with your family like that, AND doing it on TV? I wouldn't do that for money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast