+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question

Very well said Cali.

All I can say is she knows her family better than anyone, and hopefully they know her. She must have thought they would want the money as much as she does or she would not have done this to them. Unless the joke IS on her or the viewers. No matter which way it is, I still like this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    All I can say is she knows her family better than anyone, and hopefully they know her. She must have thought they would want the money as much as she does or she would not have done this to them. Unless the joke IS on her or the viewers. No matter which way it is, I still like this show.
    I agree. She said the money would change all of their lives. I don't think the family is in on it either, but who knows? I love the show and I thought I was going to die laughing during the last one. Can't wait for next week!

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar
    Randi's family looks to be doing well for themselves, their house sure seemed nice. Is it really worth hurting them and losing her job and embarassing herself and her family for half a million dollars? I guess it is for her, but I wouldn't have done it.

I've smoked Cat Nip...... Leviathan's Avatar
    The reason the cameras were there is pretty self-explanatory (if you have ever watched any Reality TV before).

She was on a Reality Show (that's what her parents think), so when the "show" comes knocking on the door, I'm sure they expected it. The phone call was probably expected by the parents, but perhaps the producers didn't tell them who would be calling (but I'm sure the folks knew it was Randi). All the shots of the family sitting around and doing dishes, etc are most likely staged (producer says to family..."We need some "family doing stuff" shots). The producers knew when Randi was going to call, so they set up at the parents house in advance. Hasn't anyone ever seen "the family get the phone call" before?

Nobody questioned why a camera-man was sitting in the passenger seat of the car when the dad was driving to the airport. Isn't that more curious? I mean, the family wouldn't mind a few shots at the house during the phone call, but wouldn't they be wondering why this camera-man is going for the drive to the airport?

I'm sure everything was explained to the family beforehand, under the guise that it's all for the "show Randi is on".....which is true. I think the family is in shock as it. This is even before they meet Steve.

Leviathan

Leviathan, I totally agree with you. I forgot about the camera in the car, but when I was watching it..I WAS wondering "wth, aren't they all curious WHY there's a cameraman riding along"!?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

PSi
    What? You mean you don't take a camera crew whereever you go? What's wrong with you people?

If her family is in on it (which would be a great twist), they are FANTASTIC actors. Especially the siblings- I mean the sister was crying, it looks like one of the brothers cries in the next episode or two. Those are some great actors if they are in on it!

That would be an interesting twist, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I am no saint, and I like a good practical joke, but really, messing with your family like that, AND doing it on TV? I wouldn't do that for money.
    Remember the rumors about "back-up" girls for AJ, in case they girls decided they couldn't go through with it? MAybe they had the same thing here. MAybe Randi wasn't the first person cast, but someone else decided they couldn't put their family through with a fake wedding.

Random thoughts...too early in the morning
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

If this happened to me, it would be easy to pull off and win the money, but probably boring for TV. My family and I (and my best friend) have a great deal of trust. All I'd have to do is look my friend in the eye, and tell him, "All I need is for you guys to trust that I'm doing the right thing", and he'd be right there backing me, even if I was "marrying" the ugliest, most obnoxious woman on the planet.

They have a gag on a radio show here where 4 contestants have to call a family member and "confess" to something they get to make up. Whoever elicits the most outrageous reaction from the family member wins. You'll hear guys "admitting" to their wives (or mothers sometimes) that they've had an affair, got thrown in jail, etc. One guy called his wife, told her that he'd been caught at lunchtime with a prostitute and thrown in jail - then he told her he called work to tell them why he wasn't returning after lunch and they fired him. They had to beep out 1/2 of what she said, but it was a riot. This show strikes me the same way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast