+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Fat' opportunity

'Fat' opportunity

'Fat' opportunity

Over 19 million people watched "My Big Fat Obnoxious FiancÚ" star Steve Bailey do his belly-jiggling "underwear dance" for a horrified Randi Coy last week (she couldn't bear to look). So how did Bailey's real-life wife feel about that?

"She's been great. She knows it's just a part I'm playing - and she's actually seen the extra-special underwear dance," the amiable Bailey joked yesterday in the midst of a Manhattan PR blitz ("GDNY," "The View," Fox News Channel, MSNBC).

"Really, though, it feels great," Bailey said about the attention he's received since the show's debut. "I just hope it sustains. I never thought it would get this big.

"I do good work and I feel pretty good about this job," he said. "But the notoriety wasn't something I set out to achieve. If you're doing a guest spot on 'Will & Grace,' for instance, you're only a part of that show - but so much is hinging on this.

"It's a whole different animal."

On the show, Coy is trying to fool her parents into thinking she's going to marry Bailey, who she supposedly met on a reality show. Problem is, she doesn't know Bailey is an actor - who's trying to sabotage Coy every step of the way. So did Bailey feel any pangs of guilt while pulling his charade?

"Practical jokes, by nature, are mean - and, in the end, they usually work out," he said. "I was so focused on the job that I didn't really have much time to think about it - but sometimes, at the end of the day, I was like, wow, what did we just do?"
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/16659.htm

John, you stole my NYPOST article!

+ Reply to Thread