+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just who is obnoxious on 'FiancÚ'?

Ditto. I think Randi is getting what she deserves here. She is the one that signed up for this show, and she is also the one that decided to pull one over on her family. Is what Steve is doing worse than lieing to your entire family and friends to win some money? Not in my opinion. She has been no help in trying to convince anyone that they are an actual couple and continues to back away. How much does she really want the money? She must have been one spoiled child growing up to have a list like that. She could atleast laugh a little bit about some of the stuff. I honestly think that if she loosened up some she would give him less to play with. Steve is doing a great job here. Go Steve Go!!!

I can't help but wonder if any of us would "do better" than Randi. It's pretty tough to put up with obnoxious people if you don't know they are acting. I'm a really nice person but I think I would find myself choking the guy....while proclaiming my "so-called love"! LOL.

It's easy to be a back-seat reality show contestant.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Nah. I don't have any qualms with Randi. The only reason we're "accepting" his behavior is because we KNOW he's an actor. If we didn't know (ie; Randi), we'd all be really annoyed with him as well.

So far, I think this show is stupid.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I have to say, I'm not pulling for Randi or pulling for Steve (he's married and getting paid regardless, so there's not really any reason to "pull" for him), but just enjoying watching the trainwreck. I think that is the true purpose of the show -- pure, unadulterated entertainment.

Randi's hautiness does make the whole thing much more enjoyable, though -- it would be tough to watch if she wasn't so obviously high on herself.

I too am finding it very entertaining. The whole thing is supposed to be a practical joke on her family and friends. What a boring practical joke it would be if they gave her some suave Brad Pitt lookalike with impeccable manners and breeding. It doesn't even matter if he's an actor or a real actual boorish slob, they just need the participants to be polar opposites to make the joke interesting.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I agree with all of you about Randi being the obnoxious one. She is very conceited and snotty.

At first, I felt a little bad for her because Steve was acting out so extremely, but now I think its funny. She's going to get very, very dramatic in the coming weeks I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey
    You bring up a really good point. After watching for a few minutes last nite, I was rooting for Steve. Randi comes off as a greedy, full of herself princess, who has never had to struggle in her life until now. And that's just for a grab at half a mil. She doesn't care how upset her parents will be, she doesn't really care about Steve--just that he may "fall" for her, and that just wouldn't do.
    I think her behavior is appalling! I can't recall a more unlikable reality show contestant.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I like Randi. Being in such a tight family and thinking that this guy is going to screw up the whole thing by being crude, rude, sick..etc.. I'd come across as snobby too, or even a bitch. I didn't set aside my life for a while in hopes of winning an enormous amount of money for some slob to screw it up for me. He's at least getting paid to do this (although she doesn't know that), so it's easy for people to just "laugh off" what he does, cause we know he's an actor. But...I'd lay odds that alot more of us would act the same in her position.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Oh man, Randi and her family suck! I have never seen such snobs in all my life. She should not get the money. At least, I hope she don't win it.

GO STEVE!!!

I hate the Randi-bashing too. She's been set up as the butt of this joke so, of course, it's gonna make her look bad. But the producers probably selected her because she's 1.) got standards, 2.) is tough enough to take it without cutting and running, 3.) has an inate sense of humor, and 4.) is willing to expose her emotions before the camera. She's basically a good, likeable person trying to deal with this bizarre situation and make the best of it so that everyone wins... including her parents, Steve's parents, and all the people depending upon the success of the show for a paycheck. Calling this "greed" is a cheap shot.

I think the amount of angst generated by the wedding is surprising everyone. She's very uncomfortable with this because basically she's a good person.

I was once the subject of a psychological test in college. I was placed in cold room (the temperature was a key element of the test) and told that a string of numbers would appear on a machine and that I was to record them as best as I could. As the numbered digits appeared, the machine began to screw-up, off-setting the readout until it became harder and harder to read them... to the point where it was almost impossible to complete the test. Because I was a "blind" subject I only realised later that the "real" test was At What Point Would I Speak Up and rat-out the fouled up machine! (Normally, I'd speak right up but perhaps because of the room's temperature I NEVER DID speak up until the test was over!!!) I was just trying to make the test work out for everyone's advantage. Randi's doing the same, just trying to make life work out in the face of obstructions. So, she's the hero-figure of this little melodrama. Cut her some slack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast