+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality TV Has Reached "Truly Funny"

FORT Newbie

Reality TV Has Reached "Truly Funny"

TV Executives wake up and take note...This is Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hat off to the creative genius who coughed up this idea. As far as I'm concerned, this is the only program I'll drop everything to watch. Please, please do another one when this is done!!!!!!!!!!

PSi
    how does this classify as "reality tv" though?
    Steve knows what's going to happen when it happens and already probably went through a few lines with the producers to see which one would be more obnoxious.
    still funny as hell tho

man we been cracking up watching this show and it's only 2 episodes deep...

Steve Bailey is now gonna blow up bigtyme... He's already started making his talk show appearances

can't wait to see next weeks episode where he pushes "obnoxious steve" on the best friend, that should be good television

Quote Originally Posted by maksoap
    TV Executives wake up and take note...This is Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hat off to the creative genius who coughed up this idea. As far as I'm concerned, this is the only program I'll drop everything to watch. Please, please do another one when this is done!!!!!!!!!!
    I disagree. I think this is cruelty, not humor.

I actually was excited for this show when it was just being promoted. Watching it, however, it just looks like constant abuse.

Whenever the poor girl looks like she is so demolished that she wants to quit, they tell the actor to change his act to suck her back in.

Reality TV shows are interesting, but just torturing someone as much as possible is wrong.

I'm getting sick of cruelty being the "twist" in a show.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Threshold
    I disagree. I think this is cruelty, not humor.
    I actually was excited for this show when it was just being promoted. Watching it, however, it just looks like constant abuse.
    Whenever the poor girl looks like she is so demolished that she wants to quit, they tell the actor to change his act to suck her back in.
    Reality TV shows are interesting, but just torturing someone as much as possible is wrong.
    I'm getting sick of cruelty being the "twist" in a show.
    I agree. I thought it was going to be funny, now I'm thinking it's just mean, and I'm having the same feelings as you are.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I agree. I thought it was going to be funny, now I'm thinking it's just mean, and I'm having the same feelings as you are.
    If any of the people being tricked were actually nice or down-to-earth or (god forbid!) had a sense of humor, I would agree. But they don't, and their misplaced hysteria is, for me, pretty amusing. They're "bringing it on themselves"; the producers cast this woman and this family for a reason. Most people would be able to get over themselves and act like they think Steve is just "too cute" and "totally makes me laugh!" for $250,000 and most families might shake their heads and make sure their daughter has a pre-nup, but eventually support her if they thought she really wanted to marry a wacky, ill-mannered, but sweet, harmless guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletBegonia
    If any of the people being tricked were actually nice or down-to-earth or (god forbid!) had a sense of humor, I would agree. But they don't, and their misplaced hysteria is, for me, pretty amusing. They're "bringing it on themselves"; the producers cast this woman and this family for a reason. Most people would be able to get over themselves and act like they think Steve is just "too cute" and "totally makes me laugh!" for $250,000 and most families might shake their heads and make sure their daughter has a pre-nup, but eventually support her if they thought she really wanted to marry a wacky, ill-mannered, but sweet, harmless guy.
    The people I feel most for are Randi's family and friends. THEY didn't sign up for this, and you can just bet I'd take either of my daughters to the woodshed if they did this to me someday. I don't care how old they are or how much money is involved. I enjoy seeing Randi uncomfortable and humiliated, she brought this on herself and her family. I hope we get to see mom and dad's reaction when they find out it's all a setup.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    The people I feel most for are Randi's family and friends. THEY didn't sign up for this, and you can just bet I'd take either of my daughters to the woodshed if they did this to me someday. I don't care how old they are or how much money is involved. I enjoy seeing Randi uncomfortable and humiliated, she brought this on herself and her family. I hope we get to see mom and dad's reaction when they find out it's all a setup.

JR.
    I don't feel bad for her at all. She signed up for a show knowing that it was going to be a goof, and it turned out to be more than she thought. She can leave whenever she wants to, they're not holding a gun to her head. She wants the money, so now she has to work for it. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I don't feel bad for her at all. She signed up for a show knowing that it was going to be a goof, and it turned out to be more than she thought. She can leave whenever she wants to, they're not holding a gun to her head. She wants the money, so now she has to work for it. Nothing wrong with that.
    I loooove your handle, JR. It's like, who shot JR? Yum!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast