+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happens if we didnt think he was an actor?

What Happens if we didnt think he was an actor?

Would we like it more? Would it be too obvious? Would he get on our last nerves?

Just wondering what you guys thought.

We'd be saying "oh my god, no one could be that bad for real, he's gotta be an actor!"

Someone would find his SAG registration, and we'd all be laughing insanely, until he threw a greased watermelon in the pool.

I would think they hand picked someone from the insane asylum. The show wouldn't also be as exciting if we didn't know. I like hearing his commentary about her reactions, it makes the show that much better since we know.

I'm really enjoying being in on the joke.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    I think the show would be funnier if he was a real guy. Imagine seeing a real clueless loser try VERY HARD to convince Randi's parents. That's funny.

But now, when I see the guy being obnoxious, all I see is bad acting. The only spontaneous element is Randi, and she ain't that fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by haibane
    I think the show would be funnier if he was a real guy. Imagine seeing a real clueless loser try VERY HARD to convince Randi's parents. That's funny.

But now, when I see the guy being obnoxious, all I see is bad acting. The only spontaneous element is Randi, and she ain't that fun to watch.
    That would be a much better show Haibane.

The actor who has all the cards and is able to abuse Randi in every way possible just isn't funny.
    -Michael

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

I think that if this was his real personality, we wouldn't like the show as much. We would probably alternate between hating steve (is that his name???) and feeling pity on him. The best part of this show is that we know that he is faking! Thus, we just get amusement out of Randi's reactions. Otherwise it would be uncomfortable!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Threshold
    The actor who has all the cards and is able to abuse Randi in every way possible just isn't funny.
    I agree 100%.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I guess it comes down to your opinion of practical jokes.

Is it funny that Randi signed up to pull a practical joke on her family?

Is it funny that the producers in turn, decided to pull a practical joke on Randi?

Normally I don't like practical jokes, I think they're mean. I am at a total loss to explain why I am finding this one so darn funny.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Q you bring up a good point. Anyone feeling bad for Randi only needs to remember that she thought everything was all fun when she was the one pulling the practical joke.

I think Steve is a great actor... I've only watched about 1/4 of an episode, but in those 15 minutes he had me rollin'.

I guess what it boils down to is the fact that I'm not all that fond of Randi

To answer the question though (sorry) I think the show would be horrid if we didn't know Steve was acting.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast