+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOW can Randi not know hes an actor???

FORT Newbie

HOW can Randi not know hes an actor???

I watched this show last night, thought it was hilarious. BUT she thinks hes in it like she is for $$, if they get married, he gets $$ like her. If thats the case, WHY would he act like that, basically just annoying her all the time. Its pretty obvious that hes trying to sabotage things, if he was really going to get $500k like she is I think hed just do all he can to make it work...just seems kinda fake to me that she couldn't figure out hes just an actor....

But damn its funny.

FORT Newbie
    Dunno, maybe it's like the mole. There were people there that didn't do things cause they couldn't (and not always to trick folks into thinking they were the mole...)

Some people are just oblivious and think that they;ve been told all the "rules"...

Its a lot easier to say that on this side knowing he is an actor. She prolly just thinks he is just a really weird guy. If any one of us were in the same situation we wouldn't figure it out.

Also keep in mind that you're seeing an edited 44 minutes of the "best of" an entire day (or more, maybe). You're seeing Steve at his best and worst because it's the in-between parts that keep Randi guessing, but they're not nearly as fun for you to watch.

And because the whole premise is to pull the wool over their families' eyes, it wouldn't make much sense to use a suave, handsome guy. They pretty much told Randi that they went looking for her polar opposite, in order to make the challenge harder. But we do need to see a little footage of Steve trying to at least reassure her that he's trying real hard to win his share of the money too.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    And because the whole premise is to pull the wool over their families' eyes, it wouldn't make much sense to use a suave, handsome guy. They pretty much told Randi that they went looking for her polar opposite, in order to make the challenge harder. But we do need to see a little footage of Steve trying to at least reassure her that he's trying real hard to win his share of the money too.
    Oh i know they wont use some suave guy, but still, i know a lotta idiots and none act THAT bad all the time. Maybe as someone said its really edited and you only see ALL the bad and the rest is pretty normal. Can never know with TV...but if hes always like that and she has no thoughts that it may be fake, shes an idiot.

FORT Newbie

She's a Smart Cookie--

Hi Rag133: Randi had to have figured it out at some point in the shooting...but you know the producers..they would have cut out that part to maintain the level of humour..afterall, it's funnier when the joke is on the victim.

PSi
    Why would she have a reason to suspect that a big joke's being played on her and her family? She probably went into the reality show going "ok, 500 grand, 500 grand, 500 grand" and that what your mindset is throughout the whole taping, so you overlook things.
    Also, if i were put in the situation with this crazy girl and whatnot, my first inclination would to be to say that 'ok, the producers did this for good TV'
    and like john said, its the best of show. there are hours upon hours of non-aired footage with him being normal, pretending it is a game, saying what he'd do with 500 grand and whatnot. That's not good TV. "she teaches yoga, she's bendy" is.
    Plus....what if he weren't an actor. She doesn't know he is. So what if she's like "youre acting" and he denies it. . . she would feel like utter **** calling out someone's learning disabilities on national TV like that. . .

it hasn't been done before...why would she suspect anything.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    What I noticed while watching...when nobody else is around (ie; cooks, therapist) he's acting somewhat normal. Then, as soon as there is something to do with an outsider, he turns into an idiot. That would be enough for me to be convinced that he's doing it all on purpose.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast