+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Teacher ripped for reality TV role

Oh it's no problem Lynne. I am curious to hear what you find out as well.

My friend and I saw a female teacher at a conveinence store buying beer one day after school. We gave her hell for that, but we said we wouldn't tell anybody about it if she gave us a beer behind the store. We didn't think she would, because honestly 'who cares'?...but she did! That was in High school btw.

Yeah, yeah I know she could have gotten arrested for that, but hey, it's Arizona! None of the teachers here give a damn. Well, maybe my mom, but that's different.
    Lunatic Under Narcotic Influence
    --
    "I prepare for the worst, hope for the best and the rest is written." - Layzie Bone

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMe007
    Oh it's no problem Lynne. I am curious to hear what you find out as well.
    Haven't had a chance to ask my teacher friend here in CT, but it dawned on me that a friend who used to teach at a private school in NY City, and now teaches at a private school in the greater Miami did not seem to have any qualms about ordering wine when we went out to eat in NY City or in the Miami area. I would think the strictness about teachers drinking in public is probably mostly limited to certain areas and/or schools...

Goodbye to High Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    I would think the strictness about teachers drinking in public is probably mostly limited to certain areas and/or schools...
    I agree that standards for teachers vary from locale to locale. However, here's one teacher who probably didn't want to believe that cocaine is a no-no just about everywhere:

City teacher used crack, police say

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

A Harrisburg High School teacher was spotted smoking crack in a city alley last night and fought with city police officers when they arrested him, police said.

James R. Gates, 46, of the 200 block of North 15th Street, was charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession with the intent to use drug paraphernalia, resisting arrest and criminal mischief.

He was arraigned in night court and released to Dauphin County Pretrial. If Gates fails to meet with pretrial officials, he faces being placed in jail on $25,000 bail.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriot...0703204050.xml

Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    IMO - even though I don't really like her - I can't see that she has done anything that would warrant losing her job over. Maybe later something will happen on the show that she will have to answer for, but for now, I can't see as how being snobbish would make you lose your job.

Great job Scarlett530, and good luck with quitting smoking.
    From what I understand, she left at Thanksgiving break and just never came back, and her bosses didn't know what to make of it. (the article might even be in one of these threads). I understood that she finally called the Diocese of Phoenix and formally quit. This was mid January.

FORT Newbie
    shes not really getting married its all a set up so i dont see whats the fuss is about

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Me either ACE1167.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE1167
    shes not really getting married its all a set up so i dont see whats the fuss is about
    The show makes a big sham out of getting married, that's a big no-no in the Catholic Church's eyes.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    For the record, I think if she were a public high school teacher she could have done this and kept her job....the level of ethical violations which seem to cost teachers there jobs involve dating or hitting students...which should be dismissible and hopefully will remain so...as some posters have pointed out here...many teachers live to much higher moral codes than that for fear of public gossip...but I don't think any school board could or would dismiss a teacher just for buying beer after hours...drinking on the job is a different story...

and elementary school teachers are in a more difficult situation because of the impressionable nature of there students...but and yes I am on a soapbox here..any parent who lets there six year old stay up to watch fox at 9 Pm needs a visit from the social worker...something is just wrong that the kid isnt in bed..or at least watching a network that has a reasonable chance of having wholesome entertainment on at that hour....

We all know by 8 pm that the Fox network is showing things young impressionable minds...and conservative sentaors shouldnt watch...and they dont have to...thats what the remote is for....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234