+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does this seem like Joe Schmo 2?

PSi

Does this seem like Joe Schmo 2?

Is it me, or does this seem like the creuler sibling of the Joe Schmo show? All this show does is seem to expose Randi as the girl who's willing to do something this low for a million dollars, and it's just one big joke on her.
    i noticed that one of the producers or directors (danny salley (sp?) ) was also associated with this project as well, so i instantly made the comparison.
    I think its a tad bit creul. . .because not once have they even mentioned how she'll take it and how she is.

anyone else think that? If i'm the only one, then i'll back off.

Yes...I agree. It's very Schmo'ish to me. I didn't like the first episode at all, I'm hoping it gets more interesting when the family gets there. But even then...(like Schmo) I don't think I'll like it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I loved Joe Schmo so maybe I'm biased. I haven't seen MBFOF (missed it) but I did read the recap. I'm looking forward to seeing it next week.

It does sound like a Joe Schmo concept and yes, one of the producers is the same. But I already sense there are a few major differences:

1. Joe Schmo (Matt Kennedy Gould) was amongst strangers. Randi is going to be stirring up hostility and potential family feuds that may never be forgotten even after the truth comes out. In other words, things might be said that can never be taken back.

2. The producers of Joe Schmo seemed truly concerned about Matt's emotional state and adjusted the shooting to make sure he would be okay. I don't sense any effort to do so here.

I could be wrong and I'm only going by the recap (which was hysterical), but I have a feeling I'm going to feel uncomfortable watching MBFOF. With Joe SChmo the discomfort only lasted a few episodes at which point I began to see that the actors and producers were really fond of old Joe.

So, bottom line, I think this may be a very cruel and damaging distant cousin to Joe Schmo. A shame really as the spirit of that shoe was totally different.

Well I guess I'm the oddball - I love this show - so far. I also loved Joe Schmo. The main difference between the two, in my mind, is that Matt signed up for a reality show. He had no idea it was a sham. Randi signed up for a sham. She just doesn't know the full extent of it.

Wendiness mentioned the producers' concern for Matt, and I hope that is duplicated here. The only part of the first episode that bothered me was the very end where Randi breaks down due to Steve's *drunken* hollering. Hopefully the producers will keep him in line a bit.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I haven't seen the show yet so I'm operating from the recap. Does Randi know the guy is an actor? It seems like her family are going to be major players here and they certainly didn't know and didn't sign up for a reality show. Oh, well, I guess time will tell if these producers are malicious or caring. Glad you liked Joe Schmo. A DVD is coming out this summer!

No, Randi doesn't know this guy's an actor.

that Danny Sales selles (sp?) guy from JSS was listed on the credits as a consultant

i guess he specializes in spoof shows...

+ Reply to Thread