+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve, the Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance

Steve, the Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance

[IMG]images/img/steve_1_72.jpeg[/IMG]

This appears to be the same guy as in the Swanson "2-pounds of food you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy" commercial, with the blowdryer.

FORT Fogey
    Oh geez- I've seen the commercials where hes doing hip thrusts in his underwear. I must go wash out my eyes with bleach.

At first glance, he reminds me of John Belushi in his Animal House role.

Cheezbooger! Cheezbooger! Cheezbooger!

Pepsi, not Coke!

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I don't think I'm even gonna watch this show. FOX really missed the boat with THIS one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead Jones
    I don't think I'm even gonna watch this show. FOX really missed the boat with THIS one!

I predict that this show is going to be a huge hit. The concept of parodying the bachelor shows will be irresistible. And the world has been waiting for another good Bluto character to come along again.

FORT Newbie
    I know Steve (though I have not spoken with him in a couple years) and he is a truly good-hearted person with a generous nature and great personality. I just hope how they spun the show isn't a bummer for him.

I wish him the best and want to let him know the folks back home are all tuning in for that goofy improv we know he loves so much.

Welcome to the FORT!

But I fear for your friend Steve. The producers, editors, etc. at FOX can be just brutal. Too bad this show wasn't on another network.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

LG.
    my understanding of the set-up for this show is that the audience knows (even though the people on the show do not) that Steve (or whatever they call him on the show) is supposed to be acting like an obnoxious jerk. If that is the case, then most likely he'll come out of this ok, as he was just doing his job (acting), but that the "joke" in this show is on Randy, who will be exposed as greed (agreeing to marry someone for $1 million) and maybe even superficial (if she says she can't Steve because of his appearance, rather than his intentionally rude behavior).

I think Steve will fare better than Randy on this series.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I don't think Randy or Steve are supposed to stay married after the thing is over, so Randy will not have to "look bad" about that.

Here's my fantasy, however: Randy and Steve, though participating in a huge practical joke, end up falling in love and staying married. Ah, only in the movies, I guess. But what a great movie plot!

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Steve
    I know Steve (though I have not spoken with him in a couple years) and he is a truly good-hearted person with a generous nature and great personality. I just hope how they spun the show isn't a bummer for him.

I wish him the best and want to let him know the folks back home are all tuning in for that goofy improv we know he loves so much.

Just wanted to letcha know.....please don't be offended if you stick around the Fort and hear negative stuff about him. He may be really cool and nice..but we're all just commenting on what we see on television. So with that warning out of the way.....

I think the bummer for him has already started.. with the underwear/hairy back dance. ewwwwwwwww!!!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast