+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance'

My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance'

OMG. I just saw a commercial for this on FOX (who else would do something this bad?). It looks awful.

The premise is that this girl comes home with this big fat obnoxious fiance' (thus the name of the show) & they are planning a wedding & the guy is totally disgusting & her family is against the marriage. If she goes through with the wedding, she will get a million dollars (unbeknownst to the parents, of course). I don't know if the "fiance' " gets anything. The guy is in on the "joke" with the girl, but the family doesn't know it's not for real.

I, for one, am sick of "reality" shows making a mockery of marriage. They treat it like a joke & not a serious commitment. And then people wonder why the divorce rate is so high.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I predict that this will go over like a lead balloon.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Not only do I also predict failure for this sorry show, but I hope for it. It is in totally bad taste, even for FOX. And that says a lot.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

lol

that's the name...lemme delete the other thread

FOX "ALTARS" THE ULTIMATE PRACTICAL JOKE WITH NEW UNSCRIPTED SERIES "MY BIG FAT OBNOXIOUS FIANCÉ" PREMIERING JANUARY 19

Claudia DiFolco Will Host

After months of ordinary TV weddings, the real fun is just beginning when FOX rings the wedding bells to sound off the ultimate practical joke on MY BIG FAT OBNOXIOUS FIANCÉ. In this unscripted series, a beautiful "bride-to-be" introduces the most horrific "fiancé" to her family and friends when she announces her shocking and surprising wedding plans to them in the series premiere Monday, Jan. 19, 2003 (9:00 – 10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Over six episodes, this big fat obnoxious "Prince-not-so-Charming" will test the limits of his recently engaged girlfriend's family and friends through shocking behavior. Our "bride," Randi, a 23-year-old first grade teacher from Scottsdale, Ariz., must make it all the way through the wedding ceremony and final "I do's" in order to win a million dollars.

This hybrid of a scripted and reality series will cover all the wedding events leading up to a climactic ceremony, including the engagement party, the wedding planner visits, the best friends and family introductions, the bridal shower, the rehearsal dinner and the walk down the aisle – all within the framework of the world's biggest practical joke.

Claudia DiFolco most recently hosted FOX's "Anything for Love." From 1999 to 2002, Difolco was the host of "Sturgis: Born to be Wild" and a TV entertainment reporter in Phoenix.

MY BIG FAT OBNOXIOUS FIANCÉ is produced by Rocket Science Laboratories. Jean-Michel Michenaud and Chris Cowan serve as executive producers. Ray Guiliani is the co-executive producer.

Well, the article repeatedly says, 'practical joke'. Does that mean the actual vows aren't real? This is just a weird (but very FOXy) idea for a show.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm assuming that the vows are not real.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yup. I saw this commercial too...and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How sad that they titled it the way that they did too.
    I can see a court case in that one from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"..

Wonder how they lured this guy into doing the show. ..
    "We're doing a reality show based on how fun you can be". Then later, after he signed on the dotted line.....
    "Oh..did we mention that this show is about pretending that you're in love with a stranger and that you're going to get married in 3 days AND you have to convince the family that you really want to do this. OH..also, the family is going to hate you."
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

This is Steve, the "prince-not-so-charming" (Fox's wording) of the show.

[IMG]images/img/steve_1_72.jpeg[/IMG]

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    How mean.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast