+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance'

Thank you! I sat staring at his pic for a while, wondering where I've seen him before. It's the Hungry Man commercial. I'm 99% sure that it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by gamegirl
    Thank you! I sat staring at his pic for a while, wondering where I've seen him before. It's the Hungry Man commercial. I'm 99% sure that it's him.
    :whew: Now at least I know I'm not the only one who thought it, lol. It's hard to tell from a still picture, but it sure does look like him. I wish I could remember the name of the site that has avi's of all the popular/funny commercials to see if I can get a still from that Hungry Man spot of him.

OK... Lots of people have been saying "How could this woman do this? Isn't this bad for the man? This is a new low for reality tv? It makes a mockery of marriage?!"

Come on! Do we really watch reality tv for the high moral content? We spent the summer watching people in Lord of the Flies mentality on Paradise Hotel, then watched Bachelor sick his tongue down every woman's throat that he could (all in the name of true love), watched a group of guys get humiliated on national TV trying to win a beauty, and a man lie about his grandmother's death for 1 million dollars!!! (I know that was a run on sentance. Please forgive me! ) At least on this show, they are not trying to take themselves seriously! This isn't a show to try to force two people to pretend that they are in love! Both people know that the wedding is fake, as does the audience. Granted, the woman did not know that she was going to get a obnoxious man, but come on! She when on FOX!! What did she expect? Furthermore, this woman's family agreed to go on this show (which again was FOX) and let a part of their lives get taped. Complaining about it after the fact is like going on the Jerry Springer show when your fiancee has a big secret, then being surpised that she is really a man!!!!

Now, I personally will probably watch this show. I love trashy TV (Please god, let the next Paradise Hotel be as good as the first), but if you don't, then watch Joan of Acardia and such delightful, and let the rest of us wallow in the muck!

PS. I hope this didn't offend anyone... I really didn't mean it too!!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

LG.
    I'll be watching it too, croftchrism, as will Bumpkin, as we'll be recapping this show. Yes, we like our "guilty pleasures" tv shows and Fox loves to give them to us. Oh, and I like Joan of Arcadia, but I would hate to have to write a recap of it, because it's just not funny. Obnoxious Fiance should at least be funny.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

w00t, LG, we got a forum!

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    Complaining about it after the fact is like going on the Jerry Springer show when your fiancee has a big secret, then being surpised that she is really a man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    With so many rinky-dink reality shows that have aired, I really don't understand HOW the family wouldn't/couldn't EXPECT something.

Honestly..you don't have to be a reality junky to get the gist of what is up here. If the guy is being all wacky/idiotic/vulgar/vile/unkept/etc... HOW does the family not catch on to this as being a hoax?!
    My family would absolutely fall for it. None of my family other than my younger sister watch any reality tv at all, and she's enough of an airhead that the light never comes on about much of anything. (i mean that in the kindest possible way) Of course if I were on it it would have to be "My Middle Aged Fat-Ass Bride To Be". :rolleyes and aimed at HIS family because I'm afraid my Mom would be overjoyed that I was finally getting married, no matter who or what it was
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My family would guess in a minute, because I would never be able react to him without laughing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345