+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Judge Says Nizzle-Shizzling Not an Offense

Judge Says Nizzle-Shizzling Not an Offense

Judge Says Nizzle-Shizzling Not an Offense

Thu Jun 5,10:09 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A judge has ruled that the lyrics of a rap record urging the listener to "shizzle my nizzle" and referring to a "mish mish man" did not constitute an offense.

Presiding in the case of UK rap artist Andrew Alcee against the Heartless Crew, High Court Judge Lewison ruled that not only were the lyrics not necessarily offensive but that they may as well have been in a foreign language.

Alcee is claiming that a remix by Heartless Crew of the Ant'ill Mob's 2001 garage hit "Burnin" constituted "derogatory treatment" of his copyright because the lyrics contained references to violence and drugs. "This led to the faintly surreal experience of three gentlemen in horsehair wigs examining the meaning of such phrases as "mish mish man" and "shizzle my nizzle," the judge said.

Dismissing the claim, he added that despite extensive surfing of the Internet in search of illumination, he had been unable to establish whether the words complained of in the rap were actually references to violence and drugs.

"Some definitions carried sexual connotations. The most popular definitions were definitions of the phrase "fo' shizzle my nizzle" and indicated that it meant "for sure." There were no entries for "mish mish man," he said.

I cracked up on reading the title of this news story this morning, so I had to share.

Presiding in the case of UK rap artist Andrew Alcee against the Heartless Crew, High Court Judge Lewison ruled that not only were the lyrics not necessarily offensive but that they may as well have been in a foreign language

this was my favorite line.
    Who shot who in the what now?

See, I thought this was the funniest:

Dismissing the claim, he added that despite extensive surfing of the Internet in search of illumination, he had been unable to establish whether the words complained of in the rap were actually references to violence and drugs.
    I'm imagining a judge, in his chambers, punching "shizzle my nizzle" into Google. I'm rollin' over here.

FORT Regular
    hi all
    Not to ruin in on you guys' laughs but "nizzle" is slang for the very derogatory n-word. That is why most people frown on saying it. I shudder when I hear it.

Well, apparently this judge couldn't find that connection, after an extensive internet search. I've never heard it either, but then, I rarely listen to music that would include the phrase "shizzle my nizzle".

FORT Regular
    Trust me on this one! Go to http://www.urbandictionary.com and type in " fo shizzle my nizzle". I don't think the judge looked hard enough! Then again most people who do listen to urban music do not know. The case is weird, though.

Well, considering just about anyone is allowed to put definitions into that "dictionary" (like the smarty who put "ow, my penis hurts" as a definition for "nizzle"), I don't put too much stock in that particular source. Nizzle comes up about half the time as "friend", and the other half the time as "black gangsta", and a few times as "nonsense made-up word"...

FORT Fogey
    I'm assuming this group is just mishearing some words from a Snoop Dogg and using them out of context. I have no idea what the mish mash man, but it's probably just taken from another song and I'm sure they don't even know what they're saying...

+ Reply to Thread