+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 203
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Rediscovering Classics / Music Memories

  1. #1
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17,934

    Rediscovering Classics / Music Memories

    I couldn't find a thread for oldies, so I started this one. I thought I would call it classics instead of oldies. I don't want to offend anyone.

    I ran across this video that really lifted my spirits. I did it after seeing James Taylor on The Kennedy Honors recently. I just love that guy. He grew up in NC and so we consider him our own (Carolina In My Mind. Another classic).

    This video shows James and Carly Simon when they were in their hey day. They really seemed to love performing and each other. Man, that must have been a great night. Too bad, things would end between them. I think this must have been taped in the late 1970's.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WM_R-6AKHE
    Maveno and AmyKay like this.

  2. #2
    I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Classics

    Absolutely love Odetta, this is Hit or Miss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyPKxkH3vB8


    I always sing loudly and dance to it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  3. #3
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17,934

    Re: Classics

    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Absolutely love Odetta, this is Hit or Miss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyPKxkH3vB8


    I always sing loudly and dance to it.
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know who did this song, but I fell for it sometime back when I saw it in a tv commercial! I think I posted it on that thread.

    https://vimeo.com/47041550
    Maveno likes this.

  4. #4
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17,934

    Re: Classics

    In honor of David Bowie. Here he is performing with Queen!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: Classics

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    In honor of David Bowie. Here he is performing with Queen!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk
    Freddie!!!!!
    What a great duo and song. Their much deserved star power is off the charts. And now they're both gone.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

  6. #6
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    8,835

    Re: Classics

    I'm glad I checked this thread! I thought by the title it was going to be about Classical music, which I don't care for. Classic Rock is another matter.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17,934

    Re: Classics

    Oh yeah. Maybe, I should have made that clearer. Please share your favorite oldies. Here's an old one that I only heard a few years ago. It's by a group called Roxy Music. He is associated with David Bowie's style. I really liked this movie and this song. When We Were Young.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh6XKDsOQq8

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,283

    Re: Miscellaneous Music News

    Hey Debb...or anyone else for that matter....how about a bit of early Dick Clark...you might remember this one!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNEj5FUHStE

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17,934

    Re: Miscellaneous Music News

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Hey Debb...or anyone else for that matter....how about a bit of early Dick Clark...you might remember this one!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNEj5FUHStE
    I love that music, but I wasn't watching then. I only remember it starting around the mid 60's.

    Here's a version of Rock n' Roll is Here To Stay that I do recall VERY WELL. IT's by the Osmonds and is from 1975 or 76.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKo1aml1YUc

    THIS was my first HUGE Idol...Bobby Sherman with Dick Clark!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRJfaSTkgA

    AND Paul Revere and the Raiders featuring Mark Lyndsey. Love that guy! Here's a clip of them, but I'm not sure if it's on Bandstand, though, I know they were on there. Man, this takes me back. That was some awesome music!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izlbnkF5jeY

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,283

    Re: Miscellaneous Music News

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I love that music, but I wasn't watching then. I only remember it starting around the mid 60's.

    Here's a version of Rock n' Roll is Here To Stay that I do recall VERY WELL. IT's by the Osmonds and is from 1975 or 76.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKo1aml1YUc

    THIS was my first HUGE Idol...Bobby Sherman with Dick Clark!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRJfaSTkgA

    AND Paul Revere and the Raiders featuring Mark Lyndsey. Love that guy! Here's a clip of them, but I'm not sure if it's on Bandstand, though, I know they were on there. Man, this takes me back. That was some awesome music!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izlbnkF5jeY
    I must say, music is one thing that everyone has an opinion on & I'd never put the Osmonds on a par with Danny & The Juniors, but that is the beauty of the art form...something for everyone.

    Do you remember the movie star Sal Mineo? Do you remember the story of his affair with Bobby Sherman?

    Loved Paul Revere & The Raiders. I never knew if it was a wig or not, but Mark was the first guy I can remember that wore a pony tail. I don't know if that vidoe was AB, but the set looks more like Shindig.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.