+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Did you guys watch the 50th anniversary of the Beatles?

Re: Did you guys watch the 50th anniversary of the Beatles?

I didn't care for REvolution by Imagine Dragons... it sounded somewhat "festive". Didn't care for Katy Perry either. Not the best singing. I loved Joe Walsh! Missed Peter Frampton (he has changed too much). Dhani looks like his dad. I saw Sean Lennon, but was Julian there?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Julian was not in attendance. I believe he was out of the country on a previous engagement.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

As the song goes..."I was just 17". A senior in high school, I watched the show with my family. It was hard to hear them for all the screaming, but it was magic just the same.

I really liked Katy Perry's rendition of Yesterday. She brought out the poignancy you don't normally hear. I love Annie Lennox's voice. I also loved seeing Yoko Ono dancing in the aisle, really getting down. Oh, so it was Sean, not Julian with her. I loved all the guitar riffs, but didn't understand what the rope dancers brought to the ambiance. Seeing George's son participate was a treat.

I loved it...am still singing.

ETA: Judith from The Voice was one of the three back up singers.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-13-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I recorded it and am watching it gradually. I hope to finish it over the weekend.

I used to have a big crush on Peter Frampton. Oh my. It takes me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    As the song goes..."I was just 17". A senior in high school, I watched the show with my family. It was hard to hear them for all the screaming, but it was magic just the same.

I really liked Katy Perry's rendition of Yesterday. She brought out the poignancy you don't normally hear. I love Annie Lennox's voice. I also loved seeing Yoko Ono dancing in the aisle, really getting down. Oh, so it was Sean, not Julian with her. I loved all the guitar riffs, but didn't understand what the rope dancers brought to the ambiance. Seeing George's son participate was a treat.

I loved it...am still singing.

ETA: Judith from The Voice was one of the three back up singers.
    The Rope dancers are from the Beatles Circi show in Vegas or Broadway.

I taped the show & just watched it this morning. I loved every minute of it. Usually I end up fast-forwarding parts of taped shows, but I never lost a moment of this one.
    I've seen the Cirque de Soleil show in Vegas. It's great. It has loads of their music, both classic favorites & some not so well knowns, and the acrobatic work is amazing. At the end everyone left the theater singing.

I agree that Katy Perry was out of her element with Yesterday. She gave it a heck of a try, but through the whole thing all I could think of is how much better & heartfelt it sounds with Paul singing it. There were some wonderful presentations of their songs, but Katy's wasn't one of them. I also enjoyed seeing Yoko getting down to the music in the aisle.

One thing made me downright mad. The show ran over the 2 hours listed for it, so my tape ran out right after Ringo got done with his performance. I missed all of Paul & also the two of them together. Ringo still has a great voice & loads of energy, but I wanted to see the rest of the show too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12