+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Grammy's Jan 26/2014

Re: The Grammy's Jan 26/2014

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Is Madonna ill or something. I mean she looked really off and old!
    And her Sally Starr getup just looked strange. I guess it was more appropriate than if she had worn her trademark cone bra, though.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV
    I want to know who in the world decided it was a good idea to pair up Robin Thicke and Chicago. Was it some out of touch producer who got Robin Thicke confused with Alan Thicke? On the radio, I've loved the song Royals, but seeing Lorde do it live messed up the song for me.
    LOL! It's easy to confuse Robin and Alan Thicke, they look so much alike. I really like the Royals version sung by Tessanne Chin and Caroline Pennell.

I LOVED the way they had Chrissie Tiegen lit while John Legend was singing (about her). I would have liked it even more if they had her seated closer where it would have been even more obvious that they had set it up that way.
    Once again to The Voice, I much prefer Ray Boudreaux's version of All of Me, he added some personality and flavor to it that is missing from John Legend's version.

I think her new album is great, and her performance was one of the best of the night. I think she does the overtly sexual thing better than most women performing these days, because she is so fantastic at what she does. Like I said, my only hesitation to jump on board completely with it is that I think it betrays the things about her that I admired the most until now.
    I so agree with you about Beyonce. She's never had to be overtly sexual because she has a natural sexiness. But in this age of sex sells and Miley Cyrus, she went there. Sad, but I guess a necessary evil.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    But the hands-down winner for performance was Imagine Dragons/Kendrick Lamar. Not a particular fan of either one but what a fabulous set, both visually and musically.
    Yes, I forgot about this one. Not a fan either, but a very good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay
    Very impressed with Taylor Swift. I am not a fan, tho I like some of her songs. This was was really good, and I thought she looked beautiful.
    I really like the song but the throwing of her head back and forth was a little odd. Sexual visualization, but at least she isn't like Miley--trying way too hard to prove she is a sexual being.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay
    (btw-Even Macklemore thought Kendrick Lamar should have won that award, he was just happy to be nominated.)
    That was pretty classy, I thought. Macklemore continues to impress me, learning that they released that album independently is pretty awesome too. That gives some hope to musicians who can't get signed to a label/contract and still have options in this ever-changing industry. All of the kickstarter/fundraising sites will help unknown artists struggling for years to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain
    And her Sally Starr getup just looked strange. I guess it was more appropriate than if she had worn her trademark cone bra, though.
    Haha. I've heard the Boss Hogg comparison too and laughed my a$$ off.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I liked seeing some of the older artists. I love Carol King. She's royality, IMO.

I liked some of the new artists too.

I skipped Beyonce and Jay-Z. I can't tolerate either of them, especially her.

So nice to see some of the legends like Paul McCartney and Zeppelin still winning awards. Sad, but I don't think they aired Best Rock Album. Celebration by Zeppelin won it. I've heard it was announced a day earlier. Best Rock Song was announced live. That new song by Paul and David Grohl, "Give Me Some Slack" is really good, IMO. They show them recording it in the studio in the documentary Sound City now airing on VH1.

I don't care for Madonna, so that did nothing for me.

I like the song Royals, but was hoping to see Katy Perry's Roar win something. I like Bruno Mars too.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Is Madonna ill or something. I mean she looked really off and old!
    She's had far too much plastic surgery. As with most, it doesn't make them look younger., just like people who can afford to have plastic surgery.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I get that Beyoncé is a beautiful woman. I also know that she can sing. But, grinding away on a stage and lip synching set females back 50 years at least, IMO. Not classy at all. I expected better from her.
    Did enjoy other parts of the show, though.
    AmyKay likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It's great to see a woman with confidence, but something about Beyonce just turns me off. IMO, she believes she looks and sounds better than she does. Her lifestyle seems to indicate she actually believes she is royalty. She seems to be more impressed with herself than anyone else and that is unattractive to me. She has had some great songs, but I have to put her aside when I listen to them.
    AmyKay likes this.

FORT Fogey

She comes across very different from me. I do think she comes across as confident, but not in a full of herself kind of way. She knows who she is and what her strengths are and that comes across. But since she pushes what she IS good at, I don't see that as being more impressed with herself than she should be. I see it just as confidence. She lives a lavish lifestyle, but she and her husband have earned it and pay for it themselves, so who cares? I also don't think they flaunt it. We know about the cars and boats and great vacations because they are spotted in places - not because they are inviting In Style in to do 14 page features on their fabulous yacht and multiple homes.

Other people who are proud of themselves and live fabulous lifestyles don't bother me, but some do. She's one that hits me the wrong way. It's just something about her. I never got that feel from her when she was with Destiny's Child.

I didn't watch her and JayZ perform at the Grammy's, (I saw a small clip) so I won't comment. I have heard plenty of others who thought it was very inappropriate and offensive. Sometimes things like that make you appear very desperate. I don't get a negative feel when I see provocative performances by Katy Perry, Pink, and some others.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12