+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sandy 12-12-12 concert

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Sandy 12-12-12 concert

Still going on at just about midnight on PBS, and I know Paul McCartney among others hasn't sung yet. So still probably a lot of music to come if you missed the beginning. I wonder if it cut into ratings for regular shows...surely the highest ratings PBS has had in a while! How often do you get the Stones and B. Joel, and Bruce S. and McCartney on the same stage, just to mention a few. Plus they have the cast of The Sopranos answering the phones.... Now I see the page from 30 Rock.... and Jimmy Kimmel.

Some rapper (young black male) whose name escapes me, although I did recognize it, is on. Given rap's somewhat homophobic reputation in the past he's got an interesting outfit on. A black hoodie that says Pyrex 23 on the back over what appears to be a black leather A line knee length dress with pleats in the back, over black jeans and sneakers.

Now Seth Myers from SNL is on and introducing a, I assume well known comedian playing a drunk Uncle.. OK I'm off to bed....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Sandy 12-12-12 concert

Apparently the rapper was Kanye West...according to CNN the Twitterverse was burning up with comments on the outfit.

Sounds like a lot of $$ were raised.

Its on again this morning, I guess it went on too late for some people.( me)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I enjoyed the concert a lot, some entertainers much more than others. I know the Stones are an iconic band, but geez, some entertainers should just gracefully retire. I will give it to Jagger, though, at his age, he is pretty energetic. The singing...not so much. Springsteen wasn't sounding too great, either, but he is forever tied with New Jersey, the shore specifically, so I can understand why he would be there. Never a big fan of Pink Floyd but I have to say I enjoyed Roger Waters's set, especially when Eddie Vedder joined him on stage. Sir Paul, at the very end, was fitting. He lives in Southhampton, Long Island, part of the time, plus he is SIR PAUL, so he should go last.

And Long Island's own, Billy Joel!!!! I waited most of the night for him. Love him. I have to say, he still sounds wonderful after all these years.

I think it was wonderful how generously these entertainers gave of their time to benefit those affected by Hurricane Sandy. The stories and film they showed of each devastated area, which were dispersed throughout the concert, were sad, but a needed reminder of why they were there. Kudos to Chase and the other sponsors, the musicians, and all those involved.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Saw a lot of interviews on local TV with groups that will benefit from the concert---money clearly needed.

+ Reply to Thread