+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet Shop Boys

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Pet Shop Boys

I'm becoming more and more a fan of the Pet Shop Boys.

I first became interested in them when West End Girls came out. I loved that song, It's a Sin, and Domino Dancing! They had a few songs I didn't like around that same time (Opportunities, Always on My Mind, and What Have I Done to Deserve This) so that lessened my enthusiasm for them.

Lately I've been listening to Jango internet radio and I started hearing other Pet Shop Boys songs I really liked -- Love Comes Quickly, Being Boring, Luna Park, many others. I've found I even like the previous songs I didn't like now that they're not getting overplayed on the radio. I don't like any song when I hear it 500 times on the radio in a given week!

My favorite Pet Shop Boys song at the moment, and it might possibly be my favorite song of any artist, is Minimal. Man, I love that song!

Any other Pet Shop Boys fans out there? What are your favorite songs?
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-04-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Pet Shop Boys

I like them too and a number of their songs. "West End Girls" being one.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Pet Shop Boys

Minimal is getting serious competition from Integral as my favorite Pet Shop Boys song. I can listen to Integral over and over and not get tired of it!

My recent favorite PSB songs are:

Minimal
    Integral
    Suburbia
    Love Comes Quickly
    Luna Park
    So Hard
    Opportunities
    Left To My Own Devices
    Heart
    Where the Streets Have No Name
    Can You Forgive Her
    The Sodom and Gomorrah Show

I still like West End Girls, It's a Sin, and Domino Dancing but they suffer from overexposure. I loved them for so long, I'm kind of over them now. Domino Dancing also suffered from having an awful music video, which I first saw a few months ago. I used to picture a video I would have made for Domino Dancing in my mind when I listened to it and I think my video was better than the one they came up for it!

+ Reply to Thread