+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Phillip Phillips (AI 11)

FORT Fogey

Re: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

His minimalist wardrobe is not a problem for me......I think the costume worn by Colton was distracting...so often less is more
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I think I've figured out where Phillip gets his stage esthetic. I saw a piece on The Black Keys this morning on CBS Sunday Morning (it might be up on their website) and, though I've never heard of them, they've spent 10 years coming out of Akron, Ohio without a rock star wardrobe. Now that they are selling out arenas, it is still tee shirts and jeans. Come to think of it, The Boss is also a tee shirt and jeans performer. Stand your ground, Phillip!
    I think Phillip looks good in his non rock star wardrobe, and I agree with him. It's about the music, and not the side show circus so many of today's performers make it
    mesachick likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Is it just me or does anyone else feel Phillip is channeling Dave Mathews when he's on stage?
    its_glinda_now and Debb70 like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    I saw a tweet yesterday saying that Jennifer Love-Hewitt thinks Phillip is hot. She has a thing for reality stars; hope he's not her next pursuit.
    Yeah and she also tweeted that somebody should let Adam Levine know that she's available (after she found out that he's single). She's either trying to be funny or is seriously desperate and on the make.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel Phillip is channeling Dave Mathews when he's on stage?
    I posted a You tube split screen on Phillip and DM somewhere around here. Check it out.

Totally! I think that might be part of the reason I'm not crazy about him.

JohnnyK

I still think he's gonna win. What, he's the only one left that hasn't ever been in the bottom 3, right? That makes me more sure.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

He won't get my vote.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

He won't get my vote.
    Mine either. But I'd probably still put money on him winning.

I feel like if he wins, it'll be like Lee DeWyze #2 - technically not that great a singer, but different. The main 2 differences are, in my opinion, Phillip has a much more appealing personality, but Lee had the advantage of coming from behind and growing. "America" seems to like that pattern. Phillip started out very popular, but for me, for you, I think his appeal has lessened. So much same old same old.

I'm not convinced he's going to win. I think he'll do a Colton and go home the first time he hits the bottom 3.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread