+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Phillip Phillips (AI 11)

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jaytwo View Post
    It helps that Carrie had the backing of the whole Country Music industry. She was able to say no because she knew they would stand behind her. It is hard to compare any of the rest to Carrie. She situation is completely different from any of idol, winner or not.
    I agree, you are so smart!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Is this the same manager , that got her the sound of music gig?
    The producers of The Sound Of Music had Carrie in mind from the beginning. They came to her.

When I was talking about the opportunities presented to her, I was thinking more along the lines of the Grammy Tributes she has been a part of (Smokey Robinson & The Eagles) and when she sang Desperado during The Eagles tribute, she garnered the attention of Glenn Frey who then asked her a few years later to be a part of the Rock Hall Of Fame Tribute to Linda Rondstadt. There have been so many of those things that have come up for Carrie that could branch out to PP if he weren't so adamant that he was being mistreated.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 01-29-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytwo View Post
    It helps that Carrie had the backing of the whole Country Music industry. She was able to say no because she knew they would stand behind her. It is hard to compare any of the rest to Carrie. She situation is completely different from any of idol, winner or not.
    That may very well be the case now that we are ten years on, but during the recording of her first album, she was just like any other former winner (all 3 of them) & just another Idol winner. She may have been the first with a country bent, but that didn't stop her handlers & producers from trying to sway her onto the pop scene, and from requesting that she remix her singles to be more popish.
    AcookerTV likes this.

Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, you are so smart!!
    OMG, did I really say "She situation" !?!!?! Of course I meant "Her situation".

Congratulations P3

Phillip Phillips Weds Longtime Girlfriend Hannah Blackwell : People.com

Phillip Phillips Weds Longtime Girlfriend Hannah Blackwell

By Melody Chiu @chiumelo

10/24/2015 AT 06:30 PM EDT
    This is surely something to sing about!

American Idol season 11 winner Phillip Phillips tied the knot Saturday evening with longtime love Hannah Blackwell, his rep confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

"I'm so excited," says Phillips, who met Blackwell at an event for his sister's charity organization Mission Change nearly seven years ago. "What I love most about her is she's my best friend and I can tell her anything. I just love her."

Adds Blackwell: "I feel like when I met Phillip, he was the answer to so many questions that I had. He just makes everything make sense for me."

Blackwell wore a Hayley Paige wedding gown as she exchanged custom vows with Phillips – who looked dapper in a Billy Reid tux – at the Resora Plantation in Albany, Georgia in front of 250 of their closest friends and family.

The newlyweds will continue the celebration tonight at a Southern-style reception before flying out on their honeymoon next week.

For photos and all the details on Phillips and Blackwell's wedding, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.
    Cornholio likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Phillips sues 19 Entertainment

'American Idol' producers sue season 11 winner Phillip Phillips for $6 million - AOL

"American Idol" producer 19 Entertainment has filed a $6 million breach of contract suit against Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips.

In a claim filed in New York bankruptcy court on Thursday, the production company contends that the "Home" singer is withholding as much as $1 million amid an ongoing contract dispute.

Last January, Phillips filed a petition with the California Labor Commission, seeking to free himself from what the former contestant claimed was an "oppressive" contract that 19 Entertainment used to take advantage of his success.

According to 19's latest filing, Phillips is withholding "no less than $850,000 and as much as $1,000,000" in "anticipation" that the contract will be voided. However, 19 Entertainment filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April, and the claim says that as a result, no ruling can be reached on the contract dispute for the foreseeable future.

The company also anticipates that "additional damages from continuing breaches" will exceed $5 million, which it asks that Phillips also be forced to pay.

Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.

Read original story 'American Idol' Producers Sue Season 11 Winner Phillip Phillips for $6 Million At TheWrap

(The bolded is mine. wow...)
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread