+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Apparently Tom Petty suffered a massive heart attack. He was found unconscious in his home Sunday night. They were able to get a pulse before getting him to the hospital. He is on life support. He just wrapped a massive tour last Monday.
    Tom Petty in critical condition after going into cardiac arrest: report
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

I read they just pulled life support.

I read they just pulled life support.

Now read he's back on life support (so still hanging on).

FORT Fogey

Come on, Tom, hang on!

FORT Fogey

Just heard that he passed🙁

Tom Petty, legendary rocker, is dead at 66

Though Petty and his band debuted their first self-titled record in 1976, they continued to perform over the past four decades. Petty played his last show last Monday, performing three sold-out shows at the Hollywood Bowl to conclude their 40th anniversary tour. The band wrote on their website that the tour included 53 shows in 24 states.*
    In December, Petty told Rolling Stone that he thought this would be the group's last tour together.
    He said, "It's very likely we'll keep playing, but will we take on 50 shows in one tour? I don't think so. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was thinking this might be the last big one. We're all on the backside of our sixties. I have a granddaughter now I'd like to see as much as I can. I don't want to spend my life on the road. This tour will take me away for four months. With a little kid, that's a lot of time."
    Last edited by redsox girl; 10-02-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

be33462377c042e529e08b89492f4463.jpg9a715e6ea14ccc9a8790c026aaa4a446.jpgb0acaf7fe7bf8f84c5be646ed41b658e.jpg

With then girlfriend Stevie Nicks back in the early 80's, when their duet ' Stop Dragging my Heart Around' topped the charts. Thirty plus years later, reuniting on stage.
    waywyrd, beerbelly and Arielflies like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678