+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Carole Bayer Sager has a book out. I would like to read it. She's such an icon. She was on CBS Sunday Morning News today. Her music has been so influential throughout my life.

Carole Bayer Sager Receive’s Variety Honor and Publishes New Memoir | Variety
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read about that! I can barely imagine!
    They are having the BEST time ever!!! All the bands have been playing 90-120minute sets!!!

AND every song imaginable!!!

It truly has been a FABULOUS time for all!!!
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

Do you think there is any way that Donny and Marie EACH get 1.6 million dollars, PLUS 40% of gross sales per year for their Vegas gig at the Flamingo? This article is from 2014. Sounds rather high to me.

Donny and Marie Feud is About to Blow Up Big at Flamingo

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do you think there is any way that Donny and Marie EACH get 1.6 million dollars, PLUS 40% of gross sales per year for their Vegas gig at the Flamingo? This article is from 2014. Sounds rather high to me.

Donny and Marie Feud is About to Blow Up Big at Flamingo
    I don't think that is out of range at all.

Oh, really. That's interesting. They are off on Sundays and Mondays. They are off for major holidays and normally take off a little time from time to time. Right now, I'm not seeing any shows for the month of December. Hmm...... The job keeps you in Vegas, but it is for only a few hours per evening. I suppose you have to come in early to rehearse, hair, make up, etc. Still, it seems like a great job.

Phil Collins was featured on CBS Sunday Morning today. He's been taking a break, but recently starting coming out of retirement. He has some physical ailments. He actually looks pretty good. He regrets his failed marriages. He says it can't always be someone else's fault. lol He has reconciled with his third wife and is living now with her and their two teen sons in Florida. In 2006 he realized that he was using alcohol to kill physical pain. He says doctor told him that he was at death's door. (Organs were shutting down and in ICU.) Now he says he can have an occasional glass of wine.

He donated his Davy Crockett collection worth millions to the state of Texas. lol He played the piano and sang a little bit. He sounds awesome!

His son Nick played drums for his recent performance at the US open. Man, they were great!

Phil Collins makes live comeback, sings “In the Air Tonight” at US Open — watch | Consequence of Sound

Check this link out ... looks amazing!!!

Lin-Manuel Miranda reveals star-studded 'Hamilton' mixtape
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    KAREN

Katy Perry is giving a live-stream concert right now on YouTube. Supposedly it might be from the Big Brother house or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA4_wTLDx4c

ETA: It's a 1-hour concert before her new album drops at midnight. It's in a small, curtained-off space that could be anywhere.

The BB rumors started because the company that produces the show started dropping hints about tonight's event.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 06-08-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I have been listening to the live stream all day, its been pretty cool!! There was a girl setting up a domino fall while Katy was sleeping. Katy got up not too long ago and she got to do it! I think this may be on in the background for me all weekend! Getting me pumped for big brother!
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

FORT Fogey

Saw that the girl who placed second on AI behind Scottie won a country music award for her video that accompanied her "#1 record"...didn't know that she was starting to achieve some success.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567