+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return | Rolling Stone

Here is a GREAT article in RS about ADELE!

OMG I just love her!
    ness likes this.
    KAREN

Dolly Parton has her biographical movie coming on NBC December 10. I posted about it on the Holiday Programming 2015.
    Jennifer Nettles plays adult Dolly. I LOVE Jennifer and thought her fans might be interested to know.
    beerbelly, AmyKay and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Adele: Inside Her Private Life and Triumphant Return | Rolling Stone

Here is a GREAT article in RS about ADELE!

OMG I just love her!
    What a WONDERFUL article!!!!!

THANK YOU, momrek!

I'm an Adele fan, too!!!!!!!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I love Adele and have put her new CD on my Christmas list for me. She was on SNL this past Saturday but I didn't know about it, so I missed it. Then last night she was on Fallon's show and I made sure to tune in. I was tucked nice and snugly in bed, hubby was sound asleep, it was around 11:45 and my sister called!!! And talked and talked and talked until around 1:30 a.m. I'm not kidding. So, of course I missed her whole performance. In fairness to sis, she has a lot on her plate with a very ill husband, so sometimes she just calls to vent. And she doesn't get home from work until 10 p.m., which is why she called so late.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I love Adele and have put her new CD on my Christmas list for me. She was on SNL this past Saturday but I didn't know about it, so I missed it. Then last night she was on Fallon's show and I made sure to tune in. I was tucked nice and snugly in bed, hubby was sound asleep, it was around 11:45 and my sister called!!! And talked and talked and talked until around 1:30 a.m. I'm not kidding. So, of course I missed her whole performance. In fairness to sis, she has a lot on her plate with a very ill husband, so sometimes she just calls to vent. And she doesn't get home from work until 10 p.m., which is why she called so late.
    Maybe you google Fallon or SNL to see it.

SNL was fabulous.

Fallon, I have on my dvr and will watch tonight.

That's wonderful talking to your Sis. XOXO
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Dolly Parton has her biographical movie coming on NBC December 10. I posted about it on the Holiday Programming 2015.
    Jennifer Nettles plays adult Dolly. I LOVE Jennifer and thought her fans might be interested to know.
    Squee! I love Dolly!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Here's a clip for Adele on SNL. I think you can get the full episode too. She is incredible.

Adele: When We Were Young | Video | Saturday Night Live | NBC

OH, here's one with both performances.

'Saturday Night Live': Adele Sings ?Hello? and ?When We Were Young? | Billboard

Did anyone watch the Sinatra special last night? I loved it. I have to admit I wouldn't know half the songs if it weren't for Michael Buble, but I still love them!
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

I watched some of it. I love those old songs.
    AmyKay likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Did anyone watch the Sinatra special last night? I loved it. I have to admit I wouldn't know half the songs if it weren't for Michael Buble, but I still love them!
    I didn't realize it was on but while channel-surfing, caught a bit of it. I'm 58 so I knew ALL the songs he sang. Sinatra wasn't my generation but he was my parent's generation. When all the bobbysoxers were swooning over him at the Paramount Theater back in 1944, I believe, my mom was still quite young, 12 years old. But I grew up listening to Sinatra all of the time in our household. Later on I developed a huge respect and admiration for Tony Bennett.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast