+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Music News

Re: Miscellaneous Music News

I regret I missed the recent induction ceremony. Those shows are usually awesome! My favorite to date was the induction of Led Zeppelin, Allman Brothers, Neil Young and Al Green in 1996! Great jamming and speeches. Aerosmith introduced Zeppelin, Eddie Vedder Neil Young. It was unreal.

They used to rerun those induction ceremonies for months. Are they doing that yet?

HBO is re-running it all the time. It's probably OnDemand as well
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Have they played any previews for the 2014 Rock and Roll Induction Ceremony yet? It's supposed to air in April. Inductees include LINDA RONSTADT. (I LOVER HER.) Kiss, Peter Gabriel, and Nirvana. I love those shows. I really look forwad to it.

HBO: Special Concert Event: 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony: Home

FORT Fogey

I was excited for Kiss finally getting in until I saw that Gene and Paul have said they refuse to do anything with Peter and Ace for the ceremony. Those four are the band ... not a bunch of replacements Gene and Paul have brought on after they ran the other two off.

Sad about the Kiss story. I say that if Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones could get together and accept and perform for their induction then others should be able to as well. AND Neil Young made amends with some of his people too for this ceremony. I think it has brought a lot of bands together. The Eagles brought in all members of their band, even though they were no longer with them for the induction. They included everyone who had played with the Eagles. I like that.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Wasn't really sure where to put this to maximize how many people would see it, but this looks like as good a place as any.

JOSH GROBAN (a personal favorite) and BRAD PAISLEY are both going to be on tonight's episode of THE CRAZY ONES (9:30 east coast time - CBS network)

I've already posted this in The Crazy Ones thread, but that one doesn't get much traffic.

Here's a preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98T5lylTMqs&feature=youtu.be
    Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

LOL!I adore Josh Groban, we have seen him in concert three times .Amazing humor and just an all around great guy. Thanks
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Jimmy Page is releasing remastered Zeppelin's classics!!!!!! Page was on Fallon this week and talked about it. I didn't completely understand what is being released, but the packaging looked impressive! lol I'm going to check it out. I bet it's pretty pricey, but worth it. The last remastered collection was released in the mid 90's and I have that.

Here's a link about it.

Led Zeppelin Announce the Release of Their First Three LPs Remastered With Unreleased Songs, to Come Out in June | Music News | Rolling Stone

I think there are some new releases too, that we've never heard before, including one with John Paul Jones singing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12