Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Britney Vs Lady Gaga

FORT Newbie

Britney Vs Lady Gaga

Britney Spears- Hold it against me vs Lady Gaga- Born this way

Which one and why?

CCL

Re: Britney Vs Lady Gaga

Neither. Though Britney just for her use of the cheesy "hold your body against me" pickup line as the basis of a song (yes, I know it was used first in a song from the 70s/80s) and the way she sings "and I need a vacation". Born this Way really does sound like an 80s Madonna song (which is not a bad thing) but Lady Gaga just grates.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm not a Britney fan. She had some cute songs long ago, but not anymore. The "hold it against me" song was done by the Bellamy Brothers many years ago, so the play on words is old hat. If you never heard of that song, maybe it would sound clever.

Lady Gaga is good. I like her, but Born This Way is very much like "Express Yourself" by Madonna from many years ago. I like Express Yourself, better.

The problem with Lady Gaga is that she reminds me so much of Madonna's voice, that I find it distracting. For listeners who don't remember Madonna, I'm sure this is not a problem. It all sounds fresh. I guess the girl can't help how her voice sounds, but I do wish she would do more NON-Madonna sounding songs. Last year's Latin song was VERY similiar to Madonna's Latin song. It's just too much.

I for one like both, tho prefer Brit's more.

I love Gaga. The first time I heard her (Just Dance), I actually thought it was Christina Aguillera (sp?). Yes at times she sounds/looks a lot like Madonna, who I was very into growing up. I think its more an homage to her than biting her style tho. Gaga is very unique and she understands the "show" part of business that so many others dont. To me, her new song is kind of weak for her. The message is awesome, but no so much the music...

being a boy band geek I was also into Brit when she first came out, and Im glad she is getting back into the game.From this song and what I have heard of the 2nd song yet to be released she is going a more dance route, which I think will be good for her. Yes I have heard the other "hold it against me" song from the past, but in my mind they are way different. I was also into techno for a while and this brings me back to those days which may be why I like Brit's more.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I like Lady Gaga while I can hardly stand Britney Spears.

FORT Fogey

Team Britney! She has staying power! I have come to appreciate her despite her lack of talent. She just has "it."
    As for Gaga, I just don't see it. It took me many years to get on the Britney train. It will probably take a longer time for me to like Gaga. Her music isn't that good and I think she just does stuff for attention. I don't like the use of the religious imagery and she does it all to draw attention to herself. Her new album is also not good and she is fake. So I pick Britney right now. Maybe Gaga will grow on me if she is still around in 6 or 7 years.

While I happen to think Lady GaGa does have a very good voice, I do find her and all her music / presentation to be totally imitative of Madonna. And, everything she sings sounds totally like Madonna.
    Not a big fan of GaGa. But, I do prefer her over Britney. Just not a fan of the latter.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm voting for Gaga. Love the message in Born this Way. Britneys song Hold it against me? Full of cliches and makes me want to get sick.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fanatic

I can not stand Lady Gagie, in fact I dislike her covers of Madonna so much that I have now lost all desire to listen to any "new" song that she might ever come out with. I use the term NEW rather loosely, as the person has no new music in her, just a rehashing of Madonna. As if one Madonna wasnt enough. Costumes to hide her plain looks, covers of songs to hide her lack of talent, a media perfect set of language skills, that is the nut that is Lady Gagee.

Lady Gaga. She's a tiny bit freakish to me, but her freak appears to be genuine, rather than contrived just to make a buck, even if she's raking in oceans of it.

Spears just skanked up a line from decades ago to match the tastes of this era, uncreatively and only for the loot it would bring, in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast