+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Jewel

The New Jewel

Has anyone seen the new Jewel video and song? It's totally different than what she was like before. She's all ho-ish now. It's too bad, I really liked her before.

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    Exactly! I was about to say something about that.. Its a very different Jewel. Well, it is very ho-ish and just plain tacky.. Like at the end, she is standing there in a white shirt and these firemen come by and start hosing her down.. Its sexy, but just didn't think Jewel would be doing that. But hey! Whatever works.. She's trying to be different than the regular Jewel so she can get back in the public eye and thats pretty smart. She needs to change, how do you think Madonna lasted so long?

i didn't know she had a new single out. hmm...
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

i kinda like the new single. very different though. except for the very beginning, i would never have thought it was jewel. sounds more like other pop . . like christina or britney or something.

i'm intrigued though. would be curious to hear the rest of the album.

My husband and I saw the video and we were so surprised. She really changed her style. It was a bit exaggerated with her breasts popping out in some parts, but looks like that's what you have to do these days to be popular, it's crazy!

FORT Fogey
    i liked her before, as the girl with THE VOICE, and she was original and the only good non-pop or non-manufactured one out there. It justs seems she's going into that level of music now. Whatever.

-Rach

I love her new single, but it is strange to for her. Does anyone else think "Intuition" has a trance-inducing, subliminal message type feel to it? It kind of has that fake song feel to it. When I say fake I mean the type of songs that are written for teen sitcoms and sung by the teen star of the show. Reminds me of "Yvan eht Nioj" from The Simpsons.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Fade to black
    I dunno, when I saw the video I kinda thought she was poking fun at pop music. Maybe it's just me.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    I dunno, when I saw the video I kinda thought she was poking fun at pop music. Maybe it's just me.

I thought the same thing until she started showing up at other places dressed the same way.

And I also heard that ALL of her new songs are like this new single. Haven't heard the whole album yet, so I may be wrong.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I'm not sure which video you're talking about but I saw a new one and I thought it was REALLY GOOD. Good message. If I remember correctly it was something liek "Break Me"
    -phusion :phhht

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast