+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sons of Sylvia (prev known as 'The Clark Brothers') from NGAB

Sons of Sylvia (prev known as 'The Clark Brothers') from NGAB

Remember The Clark Brothers who won Next Great American Band? In case you lost track of them, they've changed their name to "Sons of Sylvia", and are currently opening for Carrie Underwood on tour.

Their sound has changed a bit since they won the show... but they are still amazing. They are playing 5 songs (I think?) during their set, one of them being "Gimme Shelter", which they covered on NGAB.

Their debut album, "Revelation" is due to release on April 27th, and there is a 3 song EP available for download now on iTunes and Amazon. They're also featured on a "What Can I Say" from Carrie's new album, and they are performing it with Carrie on the tour as well.

Re: Sons of Sylvia (prev known as 'The Clark Brothers') from NGAB

Thank you, Sparrow - I was a big fan of the Clarks when they were on TNGAB and have been waiting to hear their new material. Will be heading over to check it out as soon as possible.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Y/W AJane! This new music has been a long time coming!!!!

ETA: I LOVE The new song, "John Wayne"..it has such a cool vibe, and their musicianship is really showcased!!

Have given a listen to the 4 songs on their website and overall, I'm quite pleased with this new material. Don't care for "Love Left To Lose" - too commercial - but am loving "50 Ways", "Revelation", and "John Wayne". I am NOT crazy about Ashley's new haircut. I will be buying the full-length CD when it becomes available - the first time ever I will spend money on music produced by a reality-show contestant. I have always said these boys are insanely talented and I will lay down the 15 or 20 bucks with pleasure.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Their album drops on Tuesday the 27th & they will perform on Idol the 28th.

+ Reply to Thread