+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

*sigh* Back at work, and this morning we have: Baby Ran by 54-40, Jaan Pehchan Ho by Muhammed Rafi, and Satellite Radio by Steve Earle.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This morning: Ever Fallen in Love by the Buzzcocks, Call of Your Dogs by the Droogs, and Rockin' in the Free World by Neil Young.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This morning: Put Your Sh*tkickers On by House of Pain, She's Too Good for Me by Warren Zevon, and This One's Different by Howler.

This morning: Fried Chicken and Gasoline by Southern Culture on the Skids, Too Much to Dream by the Electric Prunes, and Bad Luck by Social Distortion.

This morning: Summer's Gonna Be My Girl by The Go, Gimme the Car by the Violent Femmes, and Food, Water, Shelter and Love by Gurf Morlix.

This morning: Anything Anything by Buckcherry, Take Ya Dancing by Say Hi, and Zombie by the Cranberries.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Might be this is cheating a little, but I've listening to this song once daily since March. It was first recorded in 1973 by Judee Sill and I rocked my oldest (born that year) to it frequently. He's the son who's undergone a complete reset of his immune system this year via bone marrow transplant, completely reversing the hardening of his lungs as a result of systemic fibromyalgia.

Additionally, my beloved DH was in an horrific car accident a few weeks ago that left him with transient neuropathy including visual impairment. His improvement's been slow but steady.

This song gave me strength and hope in 1973 and I'm amazed to tell you that Shawn Colvin's rendition of it still does! In fact, it's given me so much inspiratoin I'm changing my signature quote in honor or Judee Sill's composition. Love, love, love it:

There's a Rugged Road - Shawn Colvin - YouTube
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-18-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

This morning: Telegram Sam by Bauhaus, New York City by the Demics, and 1-2-3 Turnaround by Christian TV.

For some strange reason I've had Morning Has Broken with Cat Stevens, from waaaaay back, running through my mind all week, so I looked it up on YouTube & have been playing varying versions on & off all day.
    In fact, I've been playing other Cat Stevens songs too. The guy was really very good.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

This morning: Bleed a Little While by Lowest of the Low, I Hate my Generation by Cracker, and Come Dancing by the Kinks.

+ Reply to Thread