+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vinyl to CD

Vinyl to CD

I was in Target yesterday & noticed that there is a company named Crosely that has a machine that allows you to play your vinyl on their turntable (33, 45, or 78rpm) & convert it to CD. Has anyone else seen these? Better yet, does anyone have one? And if so, are they easy to use & worth the money?

I'd really like to take the plunge, if someone can convince me.

MRD

Re: Vinyl to CD

I know someone that has one and he says they are great. I have not heard his CD's. But he's converted quite a few of his LP's. His also can plug directly into his computer and convert them to music files for his Ipod. But he's offered to let me borrow it. I have a few LP's that are no longer available in any format I'd like to convert.

Oh, I don't know where he bought his though. I know other electronics companies besides Target sell them.

Also I heard an interview with John Mellencamp who said he had one and had converted a lot of his LP collection to his ipod.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks MRD,

I did some searching & found out that TEAC also has one. I'm seriously considering it. I also have lots of vinyl that isn't available anymore.

I was in Best Buy yesterday & they have a turntable that lets you convert vinyl direct to an Ipod. Goodness.

Costco sells a turntable by ION--convert LP to CD's for $99, that is very highly rated. Just install software, and connect to your computer. Can also be used to connect to speakers and play your LP's. Software allows you to customize your CD recordings--mix tracks, rearrange, etc.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3736778;
    Costco sells a turntable by ION--convert LP to CD's for $99, that is very highly rated. Just install software, and connect to your computer. Can also be used to connect to speakers and play your LP's. Software allows you to customize your CD recordings--mix tracks, rearrange, etc.
    I think it is ION that also makes the Vinyl to IPod turntable. You can connect it to your stereo & play the albums & there is a slot to plug in the IPod & it converts automatically. But, the thing is, since it is going direct to IPod I wonder how you go about cataloging the music so you can find it later without the assistance of the artwork?

+ Reply to Thread