+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MTV Video Music Awards 2009 (Sep 13)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: MTV Video Music Awards 2009 (Sep 13)

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3700958;
    I love everything that Pink does, says, sings, wears etc.

As for the Beyonce video, I agree. Although it was nice to see something more pared down from some of the more ridiculous videos I've seen (I'm talking to you, Nickleback) I really don't think it's a particularly genius video.
    The most interesting thing when I first saw it was wondering how much butt cheek she'd expose and whether it was necessary to get a unitard that's quite so skimpy in the crotch region.
    Im sick of the crotch shots!!!!!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Kanye is a classless loser. I love how the local radio station here has put him on a "time out". Every time they play a record he collaborated on and his turn to rap comes up they cut the song off and say "uhh ohhh, Kanye's on a time out, let's move on to the next one". I've heard them do it a couple of times today and the songs sound just fine without him. I hate his lyrics anyway, the man says nothing at all.

As for MJ's tribute. I loved it. The dancers were great, aside for that one they decided to put in the front at the end of "Smooth Criminal" where MJ did that lean move which is hard to pull off live and I could not stop watching the guy on the right of the screen struggling to try and lean and not fall on his face. It killed the illusion for me. Throw his butt in the back of the line if they knew that was a difficult move for him. Nice try though. Better than I could have done, but of course I know that, and would have been in the back hiding the fact-lol.

Janet did fine. I don't blame her for not singing one bit this time. You could see the pain on her face and that she was filled with emotion. I've seen Janet in concert and she wasn't nearly as sharp last night as she normally is when she dances...and I don't blame her one bit. I was choked up when the MJ and Janet dance segment of "Scream" came up and they removed her from the video and she danced with her brother again. I've always loved that video because of that one moment, they move so much like, and how poignant it was for me to see her do that knowing that they'll never dance together again. Sadly seeing that tribute last night reminded me of when Aaliyah died, and Janet spoke about Aaliyah and her brother was showing that same pain and strength onstage that Janet had etched on her last night. Just a few short years later and she's walking in his shoes, and I hope it's a long time before I see another one of these tributes.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3701126;
    I've always loved that video because of that one moment, they move so much like, and how poignant it was for me to see her do that knowing that they'll never dance together again.
    I've always thought it was fascinating how alike they could move when they danced together.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;3700541;
    The highlight of the night for me was seeing Mark from So You Think You Can Dance in one of the musical performances.
    I went back and re-watched the Lady Gaga performance so I could see Mark. He was great!! He even had a solo section with her, and I can't believe I didn't realize it was him!! I was so focused on her the first time I watched I completely missed out seeing her other dancers.

Kao

I am absolutely dying of laughter over here! The show this year was completely crazy--everything from Lil Mam jumping on the stage with Jay Z and Alicia Keys, to Kanye, to everything Lady Gaga did. MTV needs to get better security since apparently ANYONE can hop on stage with the stars and do whatever!

I'm wondering if some of the whispers about MTV planning out some of these things with some people while neglecting to tell others for luls is true, but if so someone forgot to let Taylor Hicks in on the joke; she looked like she wanted to start bawling on stage after initially looking thrilled at Kanye. And all the outright racist comments on Facebook/Twitter/You Tube comments aren't called for either. >.>

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3701332;
    someone forgot to let Taylor Hicks in on the joke

LOL - I am assuming you meant Taylor Swift?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Kao

LOL! Yes!

I really felt bad for her; she looked so excited when Kanye first took the stage...and so hurt once he finished talking. Kanye has always had impulse-control issues, but he's made some piss-poor decisions (including that Amber person, who is obviously just using him) since his mom died. I also think that MTV placed him in the front row with a bottle of booze on purpose in hopes that he would do something crazy (which he did).

Kanye's one of those artists that I REALLY have to work to separate the art from the artist. Someone on ONTD said it best when they said that what makes him so "right" is intrinsically connected to what makes him so "wrong."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I remember when he got up there, I had a flash back to when he was at the European VMA's not so long ago and protested someone else's win. And I just knew he was about to do it again, but for himself, not Beyonce.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3701124;
    Im sick of the crotch shots!!!!!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    After five seasons of SYTYCD I've had my fill of looking right at spread legs and skimpily-clad crotches. There's at least one in every routine it seems.

I hope Shane, JC and Mario give Lil Mama some stick on Sunday
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3701108;

Nickelback, well, it's just all a little fraught for my liking.
    It's just a song, lads. Lighten up.
    That has to be the best description of Nickelback I've ever heard..."a little fraught".

I'm another Pink lover, but Katy Perry's tweet about Kanye - "it's like u stepped on a kitten" - had me rolling.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast