+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MTV Video Music Awards 2009 (Sep 13)

Re: MTV Video Music Awards 2009 (Sep 13)

Nevermind Kanye, the entire show turned out to be one huge gongshow.

I'm still trying to figure out...umm...just about everything that involved Lady Gaga last night.

And Pink was no slouch in the oddball department either.

And Eminem looked weird. Guyliner or something?

All of it, totally totally bizarre.

And like it or not, at least we'll remember these VMAs. This is up there now with Madonna/Christina/Britney and Britney blowing it to name a few.

Makes me love Pink even more. She could kick Kanye's dumb ass anytime. Can not stand him.

We only DVRed it for the "New Moon" trailer. It was the best part of the whole thing.
    MTV and anything on it just plain sucks anymore.

ETA - OMG...I have new love for Kelly Clarkson after reading her blog.
    Last edited by french dip; 09-14-2009 at 01:59 PM.

I watched last night and I don't normally watch awards shows. I think this one just got left on after ABDC was over!
    Anyway, a few thoughts:

I thought Madonna did a wonderful job talking about MJ. I also liked watching the performances to his music. I didn't think it fell flat at all. I did think it was odd that I couldn't hear Janet during the Scream performance, but I just overlooked it because I was enjoying the show.

I am generally ambivalent when it comes to Beyonce, but I thought her performance was really very good. She also showed a lot of class calling Taylor out to have her moment instead of taking that time for herself. And on that note I felt terribly for TS. I enjoy a few of her recorded songs, but like one of the PPs, I don't think she is a very good live performer. However, regardless she did not deserve to have KW interrupt what should have been a delightful moment for her. She is quite young as was clearly at a loss for words when he handed the mic back to her.

I like Lady Gaga and I think she has an incredible voice. On the other had, she is definitely out there. Her performance ended and I looked at my husband and said something like "What the heck was she trying to say with that performance? Comment on health care? Take a stab at the paparazzi for being too aggressive?" and he said "She was talking about Princess Diana." At that moment I realized that only she probably knew what the heck her point was!

I thought the host was a bit crass, but it's MTV so they would probably call him edgy instead...

I guess Kanye West just doesn't realize that so many of us already dislike him. I can only assume he is trying to increase the number of people who feel that way.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Pink would have pushed his sad butt right off the stage. I loved her on the Today show this morning

ETA: and um Beyonce's video was her gyrating in a unitard so really how is that the best video of all time?
    Last edited by Duxxy; 09-14-2009 at 03:05 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I like that this year, it wasn't the teeny bopper VMA's like last year was, with everyone from Disney in tow.This time, more likable, more adult.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3700888;
    Pink would have pushed his sad butt right off the stage. I loved her on the Today show this morning

ETA: and um Beyonce's video was her gyrating in a unitard so really how is that the best video of all time?
    I love everything that Pink does, says, sings, wears etc.

As for the Beyonce video, I agree. Although it was nice to see something more pared down from some of the more ridiculous videos I've seen (I'm talking to you, Nickleback) I really don't think it's a particularly genius video.
    The most interesting thing when I first saw it was wondering how much butt cheek she'd expose and whether it was necessary to get a unitard that's quite so skimpy in the crotch region.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3700958;
    Although it was nice to see something more pared down from some of the more ridiculous videos I've seen (I'm talking to you, Nickleback) I really don't think it's a particularly genius video.
    The most interesting thing when I first saw it was wondering how much butt cheek she'd expose and whether it was necessary to get a unitard that's quite so skimpy in the crotch region.
    Hey! What's so ridiculous about Nickelback's videos!?

(Why yes, I'm a fan, why do you ask? )

I admit to being transfixed by that outfit of which you speak. Or lack thereof. Damn Jay-Z...

Nickelback, well, it's just all a little fraught for my liking.
    It's just a song, lads. Lighten up.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3700958;
    I love everything that Pink does, says, sings, wears etc.
    Same here and I would have loved to see her take on Kanye. She was all over Twitter during the awards and what she said about him makes me love her all the more..."Kanye west is the biggest piece of s**t on earth. Quote me."
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast