+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MTV Video Music Awards 2009 (Sep 13)

Re: MTV Video Music Awards 2009 (Sep 13)

I doubt he would have pulled that stunt had Katy Perry or Pink won. He took complete advantage of the fact that there was a young girl on stage.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3700433;
    I was touched by the opening tribute to MJ. I thought Madonna did an okay job of paying tribute. It was really neat to see all the dancers in his various costumes performing to some of his songs. The part with Janet was a bust though because they either didn't turn her mic on or they didn't run the Janet part of the song.
    Actually, I think the lip-synch was intentional.

eta: I noticed that Li'l Mama was on stage with Jay-Z, and I don't know why.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Cause she's from the Bronx too, she's all for the east coast...

That would guess thats why...lol

I've always hated Kanye. Not just dislike, but hate. He's such a douche, and tonight he showed how much of a douche he is. I thought that Single Ladies probably should have won also (since love it or hate it, everyone will remember it), but Taylor's video was also deserving. It's not as legendary as Single Ladies, but it's still the most adorable. Shame on Kanye.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm catching the repeat performance and even tho I'm not a huge fan of Taylor Swift live (I like her recorded songs) that was just all sorts of wrong for Kanye. To do that to a young girl who was obviously thrilled to be winning something that was out of her realm, just made him a bigger ass.

I like Kanye's songs and think he is talented but that was just classless......

I must be getting old because I don't quite get the appeal of Lady GaGa...interesting performance ...tho I did like seeing Mark from Season 4's SYTYCD as one of her dancers!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

She's not one of my favorites, but I like Taylor. She seems like a very sweet girl. And that opening for the latest CMT Awards was hilarious.

I also really like how she's bringing country music to MTV. Again, not the biggest fan of country, but I still like it. It has gotten that shaft from MTV/VH1, but now Taylor's making it more popular on those channels. Of course, her stuff is a more country/pop, but it's still country nonetheless.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Premium Member

What an idiot Kanye is, seriously he needs to STFU already. Douche.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

How is it that Kayne is so popular again? Seriously, I'm wondering when his ego will finally be his undoing. No I don't think Beyonce deserved to win. Great song, but the video wasn't that great. Taylor is huge. How horrible for her, but more people will be on Team Taylor than on the Kayne Express. I don't believe someone like him is sorry. He lives on the exposure and good or bad, it got him that. I hope Beyonce gives him a talking to, because if I were, I'd never want him to so much as think about me or utter my name again.

FORT Fogey

My guess is that Kanye will check himself into "Rehab" in the next day or two.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I loved Pink's performance....I think she is absolutely awesome and I definitely prefer her to Lady GaGa....

Kanye likes publicity..whether its good or bad...this will be all over the morning shows, entertainment shows and he'll be thrilled....did love how the audience booed (loudly) each time his name was mentioned. It kills me that I like his songs as much as I do....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast