+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brooks & Dunn call it quits

Brooks & Dunn call it quits

I hate to see this, They put out some great work.
    Brooks & Dunn call it quits
    Brooks & Dunn, the most commercially successful duo in country music history, is calling it quits.

The duo, which released debut album Brand New Man in 1991, is parting ways, but not until releasing another greatest hits album — #1’s and Then Some, on September 8 — and touring once more for 2010’s The Last Rodeo tour.

“After twenty years of making music and riding this trail together, we have agreed as a duo that it’s time to call it a day,” Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn wrote Monday afternoon on the www.brooksanddunn.com site. This ride has been everything and more than we could ever have dreamed… We owe it all to you, the fans.”

Brooks & Dunn won 14 Country Music Association duo of the year awards and sold more albums than any duo in any genre, save for Simon & Garfunkel. Though Entertainment Tonight reported that Dunn had “had it” with the group, Brooks & Dunn cast a different spin.

“If you hear rumors, don’t believe them, it’s just time,” they wrote.

Re: Brooks & Dunn call it quits

Wow! I saw them in concert a few years ago...the put on a great show! I will miss them.

They were great together & Ronnie Dunn has one of the most astounding voices out there, but it seemed in recent years it had become his show & Kix was just along for the ride. They did, however, put on a whale of a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3654692;
    They were great together & Ronnie Dunn has one of the most astounding voices out there, but it seemed in recent years it had become his show & Kix was just along for the ride. They did, however, put on a whale of a good show.
    They will be long remembered for their many accomplishments through the course of country music. The genre has changed significantly in the last few years, and I think they realize that their time is up...and the younger duos are beginning to shine, I am sure this last concert will be one for the ages..I know I will certainly be grabbing tickets!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Always my favourite country duo, hands down. I will miss them making music together.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Without the duo thing hanging over his head, Ronnie Dunn will now be eligible for Male Vocalist of the Year nominations & awards.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3654814;
    Always my favourite country duo, hands down. I will miss them making music together.
    I agree, I've loved every song they've put out. I wish them successful solo careers or in whatever else they will be doing.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread