+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The 2009 Tony Awards (6/07)

The 2009 Tony Awards (6/07)

Just started live on CBS. ***West Coast Spoilers***

-------------------------------

Starting off with a huge mess of a medley of everything happening on Broadway at the moment, with one interesting mash-up between Stockard Channing of Pal Joey singing "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" against Gavin Creel from Next to Normal singing "I'm Alive". A new target for the original cougar of all-time? Some technical audio mistakes, Elton John couldnt' be heard for the first few lines of the Billy Elliot number that started things off.

It ended with everyone currently working in New York rushing the stage with the cast of Hair singing "Let the Sunshine In". Liza Minnelli looked lost next to all the hippies.

Neil Patrick Harris is funny and self-effacing so far, if a little tongue-tied.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: The 2009 Tony Awards (6/07)

I really wish the sound had been better for the opening. It made what might have been really nice feel flat. I have a friend there tonight. I will ask her how it was in the theater.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I've seen other shows at Radio City, it's so huge and cavernous that sound just reverberates and echoes forever. But they've been holding the Tonys there on and off for almost a decade, and the sound hasn't been an issue before.

Then again, that opening number was hugely ambitious.

"West Wing" shout-out to seeing Stockard Channing and Allison Janney together on stage! Last year it was Bradley Whitford and Mary McCormack in Boing Boing. Who will it be next year?
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I miss the West Wing, I have to admit was great seeing them. They were two of my favorites on the show.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

What the hell is this? Not liking the Shreck number, it is dorky.

I think I'll be passing on going to see Shrek...
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Shrek looks like a big loud mess. Liked the nod to Wicked at the end, but I hope they don't do that every night.

James Gandolfini just had a good one: he denied that he and Shrek are related.

Angela Lansbury gets her fifth Tony (and a standing O) for Blithe Spirit. I do want to see that one!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I love seeing the grand old ladies of the theatre on the Tony Awards. Love Angela!
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

And now we're seeing a regional touring production of Mamma Mia. I guess this is to drum up business for theater outside of New York?

The movie was last year, guys. Everyone has the DVD already, you're a little late to the party. )
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mamma Mia sounded like a hot mess. Loved seeing Angela get the award. She is a grand old dame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast