+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The 2009 Tony Awards (6/07)

Re: The 2009 Tony Awards (6/07)

Wow. I think this kid is having a seizure.

I really liked that scene from Billy Elliot. I'm going to have to see that soon.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Harvey!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3487706;

NPH just had the joke of the night eating sushi onstage and saying how it gives him so much energy! It was a big swipe at Jeremy Piven for quitting the revival of Speed the Plow, and saying he did it because of "mercury poisoning from bad sushi", when most believe he was just bored, and was partying too much.
    I wonder if he's giving him the dig because Piven won't admit that he's g*y. Every year, he trots out his Mom to the awards show s, but then always says he's the only straight person to do that. I think not, Jeremy!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think it is more that many in the Theater industry took Piven's actions as a insult to theater.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

God of Carnage wins Best Play, The Norman Conquests wins Best Revival of a Play.

Norman Conquests is actually several plays that you need to take in over several evenings. I think it's 7 hours in total.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Jerry Herman is awesome! There was a recording awhile back called Jerry's Girls that is great.

I think my favorite play of his was Mack and Mabel. The music all thru it is wonderful and "I Won't Send Roses" is one of my favorite songs ever.

Jerry Herman gets a standing O. Well deserved. He has a list of Musicals that is steller.

I find Anne Hatheway's attempts at enthusiasm to be disingenuous.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread