+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ACM Awards

Re: ACM Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3403852;
    What did she say when everyone laughed? Would you believe that my clock chimed ten times right as she was talking?
    She said " I don't know what to say, I got nothin. I want to see those boots Matthew."

What a ride this woman is on. My, my, my. Checotah Oklahoma has got to be happy tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3403858;
    She said "Matthew, I want to see those boots"
    Thanks. Guess that's an inside joke and I missed it too. You know I only hear about every fourth word and I wasn't watching the screen for a few seconds so I missed it.

Matthew told a story about some boots he and his friend said they were making for George Straight (they weren't really for him) that got them laid. (The chicks were country music fans.)
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Tim McGraw walked out during rehearsal? I wonder what that was about?
    www.tennessean.com | Nashville Tune in Music City | The Tennessean
    Reba McEntire served as show host for the 11th year. Country star Tim McGraw was slated to appear on the show, but he walked out of a rehearsal and declined to appear.

“His choice,” said Academy executive director Bob Romeo. “Creative differences.”

McGraw and wife Faith Hill were among the only absences in the ACM’s roll call of country stars.

I read that he had a "major disagreement" with producers over something to do with his production design. I'd love to hear the story here. Hope it is another case of Tim's massive ego getting in the way.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I really didn't miss them. The show was packed with talent so a few missing didn't change a thing.

I'd like a better view of that massive dress Carrie wore so if anyone comes across one, let me know please.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3404175;
    I really didn't miss them. The show was packed with talent so a few missing didn't change a thing.

I'd like a better view of that massive dress Carrie wore so if anyone comes across one, let me know please.
    Here ya go.

Thanks razorbacker. I couldn't find it myself but no surprise there. The top of the dress is really pretty but I think the skirt is really too much of a good thing. Way too much. It just looks like a huge pile of wadded up fabric.

The view from above was pretty spectacular. Great shot you posted razorbacker! Your girl did great last night!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Finally got around to watching this morning. So glad Carrie won EOY, wow is she quick with the one liners, that was so funny: "I want to see those boots, Matthew."

I always wonder why they let Taylor sing live, it's never good. I do however like a lot of her songs. Does she sound that bad in concert?

I would have had a hard time if I were voting choosing between Brad Paisley and Keith Urban. I'm not unhappy with Brad winning, but I sure wish Keith could win too.

I must admit I've liked most of Miranda's singles but I wasn't as fond of the one she sang.

Trace Adkins song made me cry, well the whole segment did.

I had a lot more observations but I can't think of them now.

+ Reply to Thread