+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: “Rock Star: INXS” Singer Says He’s Homeless and Bandless

“Rock Star: INXS” Singer Says He’s Homeless and Bandless

Blues Songtress posted this in the J.D. thread in Rock Star but I thought it should be here in the Music forum so it would actually be read and commented on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3335317;
    Wow. JD is out of a job!
    “Rock Star: INXS” Singer Says He’s Homeless and Bandless : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily
    Remember J.D. Fortune, the guy from Ontario who became the new singer for INXS after winning the reality show Rock Band: INXS? Apparently winning the right to front the Aussie band wasn’t all it was cracked up to be: according to Canada’s The Star, Fortune is now homeless. After INXS finished their long tour a little over a year ago, Fortune says the band casually just dropped him from their roster. “I was in an airport in Hong Kong and literally got handshakes of ‘Thank you very much,’ ” Fortune said, “I found myself really alone because I had traveled with these guys for 23 months. Some of the audiences we played for were upwards of 80,000 people.” And that’s how his INXS career ended, stranded in a Hong Kong airport.

Fortune’s dismissal wasn’t without justification, however: The singer reportedly became a heavy cocaine user while he was in INXS. “It got as bad as it needed to be for me to numb out the fact that this was going to come to a screeching halt,” Fortune said. Given that the band’s original singer, Michael Hutchence, had cocaine in his system when he died under dubious circumstances in 1997, it seems likely INXS didn’t want to follow down that drug-fueled path again with their new lead singer.

Thus, Fortune is homeless, off drugs and living in his pick-up truck while he scrounges together enough money to finish working on his solo album, The Death of a Motivational Speaker. Even though Duff McKagan told Rock Daily recently that Velvet Revolver is on the verge of revealing their new singer, maybe it’s not too late to get Fortune an audition.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: “Rock Star: INXS” Singer Says He’s Homeless and Bandless

Thanks Unklescott for bringing that into this thread.

It's amazing to me that he would piss this opportunity away with drugs. I just don't get it.

Exactly. He could have had it made, but the moron decided he'd rather put that garbage up his nose. I don't feel sorry for him at all.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

MRD

Wasn't he homeless before his big break on Rock Star too?

Shame, he has talent, too bad he snorted away his big break.

I actually miss Rock Star. I enjoyed both seasons, but hard to see how they can bring it back.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'd love to see this show come back but only and ONLY if it's the same as the first season. The second season was little more than finding Tommy's new toy. Disgusting the way he made them pander to him... although.....I'd be willing to put up with it all over again for the sake of getting Dave and Brooke back on my screen together.

Not at all surprised by this story. My first thought as I was reading it was "didn't he make any money... ah... drugs... gotcha." Shakes head.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3335458;
    Wasn't he homeless before his big break on Rock Star too?

Shame, he has talent, too bad he snorted away his big break.

I actually miss Rock Star. I enjoyed both seasons, but hard to see how they can bring it back.

Sounds like INXS still needs a new singer. lol.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Rock Star:INXS II... I like the sound of that!

I'm sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed that season.
    Addiction is a very difficult and painful road.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Premium Member

This totally makes me sad. I love JD and I hope he gets the help he needs and gets back to the music.

FORT Regular

Michael Hutchence could never be replaced. That J.D. dude couldn't compare either.
    The band needs to disolve & start over by calling themselves something else. Did they really think the new singer would fill that void? Big Dummies!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast