+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star: INXS Singer Says Hes Homeless and Bandless

Re: Rock Star: INXS Singer Says Hes Homeless and Bandless

I've got downloads from various of them.

Storm Large (season 2) put out a CD in 2007 and I LOVE her Ladylike song that she did with Dave Navarro.

Dilana has a single called Killer Queen (2007) that's not bad. She also has a 2000 CD out, I'm not in love with it though and it's not what I would have expected from her. It's very rock lite.

Suzie McNeil put out one in 2007. I've got a couple that I downloaded from it but not the whole thing, didn't like it all.

About a year ago I purchased a number of downloads of Magni's latest but they are no longer available to US markets for some reason. Pity because Magni has an absolutely beautiful song on his and I'm glad I got it before it was taken away and it's not available at Amazon either.

Amazon still has the Mig (2007) and Marty (2006) ones available for purchase.

Frankly, I'm not at all surprised at the lack of popularity for Marty Casey. I never did get the guy or his over the top screaming style.

I am very surprised at nothing at all coming from Jordis though.

Toby Rand and his band Juke Kartel still do a lot of touring. Oh, how I'd love to live in LA just to catch him on stage. They just played the big Quart Festival in Norway and then played the Viper Room in LA last night. I think they have another performance later this month. Last album came out in April.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3548590;
    Me too, I listen to her old stuff from the show all the time and she was so good. I wish she'd put something out.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3548590;
    Frankly, I'm not at all surprised at the lack of popularity for Marty Casey. I never did get the guy or his over the top screaming style.

Marty was *current*, as Simon Cowell loves to say. I thought he was on the right track to the big leagues. I understand he is popular in his homebase of Chicago and area.

Jordis was great, but I mainly remember her for murdering "Dream On".

Loved Storm Large and I confess I forgot her when naming favourites.

No doubt that talent-wise, the Rock Star contestants blow out pretty much anyone from AI. I thought it was interesting that David Cook considered auditioning for this show well before AI...I don't think he would have won, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3467853;
    Maybe they'll hire Mig now!
    I ♥ MiG but he's too much of a "good boy" for INXS.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3546917;
    Sweet Suzie McNeil (from the INXS season) is pretty well-known in Canada now...she had a single that got plenty of airplay and she's on some national commercials that are running on our networks. I honestly wouldn't have pegged her to have the most success out of any of the contestants but she's the only one whose face I see regularly. Good for her, though - she does seem like a nice, hardworking lady.
    Tara Slone has a gig on one of those between-the-shows infotainment breaks on SunTV in Toronto. She also hosts a supernatural investigation series on Vision TV. I don't know if that would be considered success, but I do see her face fairly regularly.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Jordis sort of struck me as being someone who wanted to sing, but was intimidated by all the attention. When she got in her zone, she was awesome. But I don't think at the time of the show she was really cut out for the music business. I hope she does put something out in the future, but remember she was fairly young at the time of the show.

Magni's CD is probably my favorite of the former contestants. But I mostly listen to the songs from the show. Storm's CD is fun and very much the Storm you would expect from the show. Suzie's was kinda meh. And I don't think I bought any of the others.

From what I remember one of the SuperNova guys got hurt before they went on tour and everything got canceled.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Jason Newsted did get hurt before the tour, but was replaced by Johnny Colt of the Black Crowes. They actually did complete one tour. I remember reading a review of one of the concerts - the article wasn't very big - and there was a full-page article about Dilana on the facing page, talking about how she had stolen the show. Loved it!
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I don't think Marty has done too bad for himself. Between sticking with his group Lovehammers and becoming the new lead singer of La Guns he is keeping himself fairly busy.

I will be seeing Lovehammers in concert this month for their West Coast cd release party and love his musicality and that he has stayed true to his roots. Jordis is going to be opening for them at their LA gig.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast