+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star: INXS Singer Says Hes Homeless and Bandless

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Rock Star: INXS Singer Says Hes Homeless and Bandless

It doesn't appear that way to me.

So now non JD fans can finally say 'we told you so'

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3339117;
    I liked JD and went to see INXS when they played in Edmonton a few years back. It was a really good show. It's too bad he threw his big break away with drugs. What a waste.
    VERY sad. I too saw INXS when they went on tour after "Rock Star". It was an awesome concert. I also loved the album that they released. JD really had the right flavor/tone to sing all of the old INXS tunes.
    He blew it BIG TIME here. I don't blame the band for dumping him though.
    JD should have known better than to mess with drugs.

Maybe they'll hire Mig now!

I'm betting the truth lies somewhere inbetween INXS & JD.

Does anybody know what happened to the singer who Tommy Lee / Motley Crue chose?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3546533;
    Does anybody know what happened to the singer who Tommy Lee / Motley Crue chose?
    Lukas Rossi. He's featured on an Entertainment Tonight Canada TV ad so he's never been out of the Canadian pop culture consciousness, I guess. Apparently he has a new band and he still tours but no new CD release.

Sweet Suzie McNeil (from the INXS season) is pretty well-known in Canada now...she had a single that got plenty of airplay and she's on some national commercials that are running on our networks. I honestly wouldn't have pegged her to have the most success out of any of the contestants but she's the only one whose face I see regularly. Good for her, though - she does seem like a nice, hardworking lady.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3546917;
    Lukas Rossi. He's featured on an Entertainment Tonight Canada TV ad so he's never been out of the Canadian pop culture consciousness, I guess. Apparently he has a new band and he still tours but no new CD release.

Sweet Suzie McNeil (from the INXS season) is pretty well-known in Canada now...she had a single that got plenty of airplay and she's on some national commercials that are running on our networks. I honestly wouldn't have pegged her to have the most success out of any of the contestants but she's the only one whose face I see regularly. Good for her, though - she does seem like a nice, hardworking lady.
    THanks so much for the update.
    So did Lukas ever record or tour with Tommy Lee?

I had to check...Supernova did record a CD, apparently it got crappy reviews but sold well in Canada. Who says we're not patriotic?

Looking at the names of former contestants...there was a lot of talent on both Rock Star seasons. Goes to show that talent just isn't enough, unfortunately. I particularly liked Dilana and Marty Casey but stardom has eluded them - too bad.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3547920;
    I had to check...Supernova did record a CD, apparently it got crappy reviews but sold well in Canada. Who says we're not patriotic?

Looking at the names of former contestants...there was a lot of talent on both Rock Star seasons. Goes to show that talent just isn't enough, unfortunately. I particularly liked Dilana and Marty Casey but stardom has eluded them - too bad.

THanks.

I'm sorry to see that neither Dilana or Marty has gone very far. To me, they had a lot more talent than most of the people who've been on American Idol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast