+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which has been the best decade for music?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Which has been the best decade for music?

I can't decide which decade of my life has been the most musically inspired, but I did especially love some of the 60's music. The Band, in particular, stands out in my memory.

Levon Helm is dying of cancer, and his family has asked for prayers for him. God speed, Levon!

Levon Helm 'in final stages' of battle with cancer
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I like a lot of types of music but the 80's were my favorite. I used to spend hours watching music videos, listening to music in my room, poring over record stores for albums or cassettes of my favorite songs, and I was subscribed to a few music magazines so I knew just about every music group, band member and lyrics to pretty much any song on the radio at the time. 80's music gets a bad rap as being cheesy but I still adore it to this day! I think it's incredibly underrated.

I think the '60s were the most influential and probably the most creative. But my two personal favorites are the '70s (coming of age) and the '90s. No offense to '80s lovers, but I hated the music of that decade. Godawful power ballads (Michael Bolton, Taylor Dayne), copycat hair bands, and lame pop music. The '80s did give us Michael Jackson and Talking Heads, though, so it deserve some props.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234