+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 51st Grammy Awards 2/8/09 8 p.m. on CBS

Re: 51st Grammy Awards 2/8/09 8 p.m. on CBS

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3310958;
    Wow I just found out that Chris Brown isn't there because he is in trouble for Domestic assault, apparently on Rhianna
    Apparently that Justin Timberlake/Al Green performance was thrown together at the last minute because both Chris Brown and Rhianna were scheduled to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3311014;
    Last I heard it was a unidentified female and they weren't sure if her cancellation was related.

Wow, Allison and Robert have won every award they were up for I think.
    Tmz says it is Rhianna

Eonline does too.

E! Online - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity News

Grammy day was supposed to be a glittery affair for R&B's reigning It couple, Chris Brown and Rihanna. But things went horribly amiss.

About the time Brown was scheduled to be singing "Forever" onstage at Los Angeles' Staples Center, he was instead detained by police, being questioned for allegedly roughing up Rihanna.

Brown, 19, turned himself in at the Wilshire station around 6:30 p.m. and was booked on suspicion of felony domestic battery. Bail was set at $50,000 and he remains in custody.

Sources tell E! News that the alleged victim was Rihanna, 20, and that she suffered visible bruises on her face during an altercation that took place hours earlier. Both in turn balked on scheduled Grammy performances.

A spokeswoman for Brown's label declined comment. Rihanna's publicist, Amanda Silverman, would only tell E! News that the 20-year-old "Disturbia" singer was involved in an unspecified traffic mishap. "Rihanna is well," the rep said. "Thank you for concern and support."

Per department policy, police declined to identify the alleged victim in the incident, which occurred about 12:30 a.m. in the Hancock Park area, apparently as the two were heading home from Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy bash, where they had been all smiles.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Carrie Underwood's voice? She just kind of screams.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3311047;
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Carrie Underwood's voice? She just kind of screams.
    I have never been able to stand Carrie Underwood, not even on Idol.

My heart is with JHud. What an emotional night for her. I wish her brother, her nephew, and especially her mother could have seen her win tonight. May they rest in peace. She did well in her performance tonight, especially considering the tragedy that has struck her life.

Dang, didn't see Robert & Allison racking up all the awards! Call me shocked. Good for them though.

My favorite winner tonight was Adele. I love "Chasing Pavements." Hopefully she doesn't fall into obscurity that many Best New Artist winners have experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3311024;
    Apparently that Justin Timberlake/Al Green performance was thrown together at the last minute because both Chris Brown and Rhianna were scheduled to perform.
    That was one of my favorite performances. I'd rather have JT & Al Green over Chris Brown any day. I don't hate CB, but I can listen to "Let's Stay Together" a million times. Never gets old.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3311285;
    My heart is with JHud. What an emotional night for her. I wish her brother, her nephew, and especially her mother could have seen her win tonight. May they rest in peace. She did well in her performance tonight, especially considering the tragedy that has struck her life.

Dang, didn't see Robert & Allison racking up all the awards! Call me shocked. Good for them though.

My favorite winner tonight was Adele. I love "Chasing Pavements." Hopefully she doesn't fall into obscurity that many Best New Artist winners have experienced.

That was one of my favorite performances. I'd rather have JT & Al Green over Chris Brown any day. I don't hate CB, but I can listen to "Let's Stay Together" a million times. Never gets old.
    JHud was amazing and I teared up right with her.

I'm with you on hearing Al Green anyday......next to Paul McCartney with Dave Grohl, it was my favorite performance of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3311285;

I think Adele will be around a long time after the Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus have sunk into obscurity
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fogey

but i kind of thought Leona lewis's bleeidng love will get the award for adele's

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3311060;
    Quote Originally Posted by candor;3311047;
    I have never been able to stand Carrie Underwood, not even on Idol.
    Me three! I have never been a Carrie fan.. her voice is ok, and she’s done very well for her self as the-cute-blonde-girl-from-AI-who-sings-country-songs. But its really painful for me to watch her perform. Not to mention she’s been looking WAY to thin, and the gawd awful outfits they put her in.. sigh, get the girl a sammich and a stylist!

Ok so I want to know, since I didn’t watch, did Joe Satriani serve Coldplay???
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast