+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruuuuuuuuuuuce...

Bruuuuuuuuuuuce...

Springsteen was SO great at the Superbowl halftime I went right out and bought his new album!

Only just starting to listen to it now. I will say, right off, that the 8 minute "Outlaw Pete" is probably the best 8 minute long song I've heard in a while...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Bruuuuuuuuuuuce...

Impossible to beat "The Confessor". :nono I refuse to believe it. (ahh.. you said "in awhile".)

But his halftime performance was definitely great, even to this Bruce non-fan...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3301546;
    But his halftime performance was definitely great, even to this Bruce non-fan...
    I loved the genuine joy on his face when he slid across the stage a little further than planned and landed into the cameraman! LOL! His show was fun!

He always seems to be enjoying himself no matter what he's doing. He looks great and it appears he feels great too! He is an inspiration to everyone... go out and live your dream!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I just saw clips of his performance, and now I understand why so many people are wild to see his live show. And this was just a half-time show...wow. What a superb performer.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3301987;
    He always seems to be enjoying himself no matter what he's doing. He looks great and it appears he feels great too! He is an inspiration to everyone... go out and live your dream!
    That makes his performance better.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3302018;
    I just saw clips of his performance, and now I understand why so many people are wild to see his live show. And this was just a half-time show...wow. What a superb performer.
    Bruce has basically always been willing to kill himself for the people at his live shows. I think in part its his reaction to rising ticket prices--to give people their money's worth--but supposedly he was like that even before rock performances became more expensive than a weekend down at the Jersey shore.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I saw Bruce back in the early 80's. It might've been the born in the usa tour. Anyway it was one of the all time Best concerts I've ever been to. Very long, lots of energy and he sounded great.

When I used to work at a fast food place every night at close we had about 2 hours of clean up to do. So we would put Bruce on the loudspeaker/music system and sing along. Our manager got to the point where he would whimper when he saw the bruce cassettes coming out.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I'll have to check it out, But "dancing in the dark" will always remain my favorite Bruce song.
    "You keep going until you find happiness in helping people realize their dreams"- Gene Kelly

His shows are like 4 hours long. Boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast