+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grammy Nominations Concert Show

Re: Grammy Nominations Concert Show

Adele I've heard of but not M.I.A.
    M.I.A. (artist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Here are all the nominations.

GRAMMY.com

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Sorry I couldn't join you guys when it was on live but I was watching it!

We might as well get this out of the way first thing. Taylor Swift can't sing worth a darn live.
    That should be listed at the top of each one of these music award shows where it may be that she will be singing live.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one wondering if she was singing any of it to Joe Jonas!

I had never heard of Adele before until I saw her on SNL and I really like her! Looking over the list Unk provided, glad to see Leona Lewis, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia and Jordin Sparks each got nominations.

Christina was awesome tonight and Mariah looked scared when she was singing...what was up with that?
    Last edited by bbnbama; 12-03-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I forgot all about this happening last night or I would have been here. Nobody missed me anyway.

Congrats to Carrie, Jennifer, Fantasia & Jordin on all those nominations.

By the way, since I missed the show, I had to check that TUBE place for videos, & yep, there it was in all it's off note & flat glory, Taylor Swift. My goodness, that was painful to hear. I'm beginning to feel kind of bad for the girl. Everyone seems to get the fact that she can't sing, except for her & her managers who continue to put her on these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3245441;
    I forgot all about this happening last night or I would have been here. Nobody missed me anyway.

Congrats to Carrie, Jennifer, Fantasia & Jordin on all those nominations.

By the way, since I missed the show, I had to check that TUBE place for videos, & yep, there it was in all it's off note & flat glory, Taylor Swift. My goodness, that was painful to hear. I'm beginning to feel kind of bad for the girl. Everyone seems to get the fact that she can't sing, except for her & her managers who continue to put her on these shows.

Have to say that I am not a big CW fan, so although I've seen her many times, I had never heard her sing before. All I can say is - is she as bad on CD's as she was live?? Sorry, but she made all the rejects on American Idol look good!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I missed you razor..I wondered where you were when I didn't see you post here. The songs I've heard of Taylor's on the radio sound better than she does live...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3245492;
    [/B]

Have to say that I am not a big CW fan, so although I've seen her many times, I had never heard her sing before. All I can say is - is she as bad on CD's as she was live?? Sorry, but she made all the rejects on American Idol look good!!
    She is very modulated & tuned in the studio. She doesn't sound that badly on record, but it takes a bunch of work electronically to get her there. She is a fine songwriter though & she sure seems to be genius at giving her audience exactly what they want.

PS: I don't think there are very many people that still refer to the "W" part of the genre anymore. There is lot's of great Country music out there though. You should give it a listen.

[QUOTE=razorbacker;3245570;]She is very modulated & tuned in the studio. She doesn't sound that badly on record, but it takes a bunch of work electronically to get her there. She is a fine songwriter though & she sure seems to be genius at giving her audience exactly what they want.

I am glad to hear that she is a good songwriter, at least. Many good songwriters do not have good vocals and realize that and don't perform live. Still not sure, though, why they keep putting her on live if she can't perform. Shouldn't a singer be able to carry a tune?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123