+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Live Cma Awards

Re: Live Cma Awards

Time for The Eagles.

I remember buying my first single (yes that dates me, MP3 wasn't even a twinkle in someone's eye. ) and it was the Eagles "New Kid in Town". Glad they are still around.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Some of the reviews on the Country Music blogs for Carrie performance are just incredible. Sometimes these same people aren't to nice towards her, but tonight, they were all in awe of what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3233564;
    I remember buying my first single (yes that dates me, MP3 wasn't even a twinkle in someone's eye. ) and it was the Eagles "New Kid in Town". Glad they are still around.
    Good grief. I had been buying singles & albums for years before New Kid in Town. Young'un!!!

Holy crap, Shania is there! She looks great!
    Kenny Chesney is Entertainer of the Year.

Unk, she does look great! Kudos to Kenny Chesney for winning Entertainer of the Year.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

She said we'll be seeing more of her. Since she's getting divorced she'll be back recording and performing I hear.

at Kenny Chesney for being so flabbergasted meeting Shania Twain.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3233570;
    Good grief. I had been buying singles & albums for years before New Kid in Town. Young'un!!!

Great to watch the show with you all!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I knew I'd sign on and see all the familiar faces here talking about the show...I only hate that I couldn't join in live while it was on. I watched it but I was also attempting to start decorating my house for Christmas!

Carrie, as always, looked and sounded phenomonal! I've said it time and time again, I was rooting for Bo that season but I'm still just as proud of Carrie as if I had rooted for her during that season. And it always amazes me how she continually thanks Simon Fuller and 19 for all that they did for her. Her folks raised her right!

As far as the rest of the show:

Love Jennifer Nettles and Sugarland...would love to see one of their shows.

Really liked Lady Antebellum...don't get the appeal of Rodney Atkins

Trace Adkins was yummy as usual...adore Vince Gill and loved the lime green shirt he had on! Martina was gorgeous as usual but I wasn't crazy about the song.

Taylor Swift.......Lord do have mercy ...we say it everytime we're in one of these threads and she performs...the girl CANNOT sing....I couldn't understand hardly a damn word she sung. Was that Justin Gaston (Miley Cyrus' boyfriend) playing as her Romeo? Looked alot like him. He's definitely milking his Nashville Star 15 minutes, huh?

Other than Carrie, I thought the other best performance was Kid Rock! I still haven't figured out why Lil Wayne was on stage with him but didn't really add anything to the performance I don't even think he was really playing the guitar!

Love Darius Rucker and would love to hear something with him and Carrie!

Shania is a gorgeous woman but I didn't care for the dress she had on and I didn't like her hair...she looked much prettier on the red carpet.

All in all I thought it was a pretty good show....now on to the American Music Awards in 2 weeks...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread